Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Gimme 5

SystemSystem Posts: 10,518 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGimme 5

Welcome to Gimme 5, a weekly Q&A where one member of the DawgNation team answers your questions about the Georgia football program. To ask questions, simply check out the DawgNation forum and your questions could be featured in a future edition of Gimme 5.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

The O-line seems to be getting better as the season progresses. They're gaining in experience as it relates to playing for a new coach, and gaining weapons as they get players back off of the injured list. I believe good things are starting to happen for this unit at a really good time. I think at times when the opposing defense lines up 7 in the box it stifles the run game and makes the O-line look less effective. That's when the OC has to respond with the kind of play calling that will exploit the DL overload situation. I think we're going to see these guys making significant improvements, and as they improve we should see the run game and the passing game being able to do even more incredible things at a championship level. That's a real problem for whoever has to line up on the other side of the ball!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought the O-line was trending in the right direction and I have to admit I was dissapointed in the in ability to move Miss St. D-line off the line. THey man-handled us to the point where we just gave up trying to run it in from the goal line because it wasn't going to happen.

Not sure where Miss St. ranked against the run before playing us but if they weren't top 20 in the nation(maybe they were) then it was truly dissapointing. Take away Ladd's end around and SB's 34 yard run or there abouts and we averaged 2 yards per carry. Hey, but a win's a win. RIght?

That said, not sure how much running success we will have Sat running it as CKS is always talking about how physical they are. With freezing hands and high winds predicted as of yesterday, our potent passing game might be nullified somewhat. We will just have to put together some 7-10 yard throws to the TE's and keep the chains moving.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, man, just wow! Is this really how you view the best team in the country with both a top five defense and a top five offense? Maybe you are channeling your inner Munson too much! 😇

• Options
    rconlanrconlan Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

UGA doesn't have money in its Athletics Program ? Where the hell did that come from?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Hemingwey I believe we will win. No doubt about it. Sometimes one phase of the game rises above the other. I mean it has to in order to pick up the other component when it isn't hitting on all cylinders. THe run game wasn't particularly effective-see above "What’s up with our O-line? We could not run the ball on Miss state last week.

— Dublin DAWG (@russelljeffares) November 16, 2022

And this: "However, it’s fair to point out, as one of the questions suggested, that UGA will need more than the 179 yards rushing it collected last week against Mississippi State in its most important games down the sretch -- especially considering that 70 yards of that total came on one play by wide receiver Ladd McConkey."

I believe I was the first one to point this out several days ago on here, but obviously others share my sentiments. It doesn't mean we're down on the team just because we point out the obvious.

We will have to run the ball better tomorrow than last week or we'll have to rely on the passing game in the cold and the wind to bail us out and pull us through. Maybe it's just me, but I for one, hope the passing game is simply complimentary to the run game tomorrow.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fair enough. Aside from winning, my biggest hope is that the team doesn’t suffer injuries… especially Stet… he seems a little beat up… leg brace, sore shoulder, etc. Praying he is careful through the end of the regular season… as I think we need him for the post season.