Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Grind-it-out win wasn’t pretty, but Dawgs’ SEC record sure is

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGrind-it-out win wasn’t pretty, but Dawgs’ SEC record sure is

Sometimes, Kirby Smart said, “You gotta win ****.”

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good article, Bill, but I think there's more to it.

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/comment/650571/#Comment_650571

In my opinion, Kirby is always working to improve our DNA.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Two teams that are much better than anyone expected at this point in the season? Georgia Tech & Vandy. We can’t mail it in against Tech…

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bill, it was just another sloppy win for the Dawgs. We've seen our share of these, and Kirby can say all he wants but there were plenty of miscues, mistakes, and perplexing play calls yesterday that just makes you wonder...

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Kirby made sure it was a “physical…line-of-scrimmage” game and I have no problem at all with that! Like he said, this team is building those “…DNA muscles.” And, guess what’s on film for our playoff opponents to scheme to stop. There was absolutely no reason to reach into the bag of tricks on short yardage in this game. The tricks are there, I feel certain, whenever they are needed.

I am not that far removed from many in Dawg Nation celebrating and the AD giving out raises and extensions for Belk Bowl championships to call any win “****”. Win ‘‘em all “****” as far as I’m concerned because there will be nothing more beautiful than celebrating another natty!

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2022

"And, then, there was the disappointing sequence where Smart chose to go for it on 4th-and-goal at the Kentucky 1 on the first play of the 4th quarter, rather than take an almost certain 3 points and put his team ahead by three scores."

Seems when you are up by sixteen points there is no need to make a statement, just kick it, and get the points. Momentum shifted after Kentucky made that stop, and they quickly marched down the field and scored. Had they made their field goal attempt a little later then you are talking a one score game.

The only other thing head scratching was some of the offensive play-calling. For a while there thought Bobo was back in the booth......

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Frugglywin lets be honest. A wins a win but CKS almost got egg on his face. You just keep running up the middle when it didn’t work in Starkville and repeatedly in Lexington. You kick the field goal and they have to score 2 td’s plus go for two and get both of them and then kick a field goal just in order to tie all in the 4th quarter and that ain’t happening! Instead you gave them life and momentum. Ask South Carolina about momentum. Now they have to only score twice.that was doable.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gosh, Monken sure loves that power tight formation with Carter as fullback, don’t he?

I’d like it more if we could gain more than a quarter inch in ten tries with it.

Oh, and no more QB sneaks with Stetson, please. He’s a good QB, but he won’t move a pile. Might as well have a coed take the snap.

• Options
    bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

A solid win, under adverse conditions, playing deliberately in a style to help the team win future games.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

I continue to wonder at the way Kendall Milton appears to run straight up as opposed to head down. Does he think that somehow helps his yards per carry,?