Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers as Bulldogs beat Kentucky, cap unbeaten SEC slate

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers as Bulldogs beat Kentucky, cap unbeaten SEC slate

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope Ben and Peter are cool with each other. I like them both. That's just Peter and its all in fun. Hope Ben can take it for the joke that it was and not go " WILL SMITH" on him!

We've all done it and still do. Heck remember even in Remember the Titans? In the locker room with the mama jokes?

Ben just needs to give it back and yeah if needed Peter has to apologize to his wife for sure. And that should be that! I am sure it will be. It should be.

Its great to be a Dawg fan! Enjoy!

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

“…North Carolina and Tennessee gacked away their playoff hopes…” Gacked??? Had to look that one up! Thanks for adding to my otherwise pedestrian vocabulary. Good assessment of the winners and losers, also.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Winner: Smael Mondon

This guy adds a lot of speed to the Dawgs defense, and he's an excellent tackler. He and JDJ are so much fun to watch, and they seem to be getting better each game. He might be the right answer for how to handle Jayden Daniels in the SECCG. There's a lot of talent on this Dawgs defense, and I think we have the best linebackers around. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I always enjoy hearing Ben Watson analyzing the top teams and giving his opinion on the SEC teams that are playing or making headlines. I can go all day without seeing or hearing Peter Burns and that is considered a really nice day. It doesn’t surprise me at all that he would do something so unprofessional.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, not to be harsh, but I think there were more losers.

PlayCalling - Definitely a thumbs down when it came to scoring. Nothing more frustrating than seeing your team go down the field with endless big runs only to wind up with a FG or a failed 4th down.

Bennett - Blame the weather all you want, but they nearly doubled our passing yards and it could've been far worse if they completed some of their big passes. That INT was absolutely dreadful and so poorly conceived you have to wonder what he was thinking.

Passing D - If Kentucky was just a little bit better, they absolutely could've beaten us and it seemed like we couldn't stop their passing game and was behind their receivers.

Kentucky Fans - I get that it was cold and Kentucky has had a disappointing season, but I was shocked when I saw huge amounts of the stadium empty. You're playing the #1 team and an SEC rival and you don't care? Our fans showed what a passionate and loud fanbase can do to the other team and they a REAL opportunity to make a difference. They didn't show up and didn't make an impact. I'd be pretty heartbroken if I was a Kentucky player.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some great choices and i have to admit, I take Pod for granted way too often. Saturday had to be a very difficult day for kicking and all 3 of his were picture-perfect and right down the middle. No drama or issues, just a clutch performance. Lastly, love how impactful Mondon is. His football IQ is great and he has the speed and athleticism to execute. Huge factor for UGA on defense. Great article.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A lot of teams are saying what we're saying today. "A wins a win." And it's true, but this team underperformed big time Saturday. THe play calling in the late 3rd and 4th quarter was mind numbing. THe goal line debacle isn't worthy of a championship type team.

Lets stop all the SB for Heisman talk, He isn't worthy. Heisman type players make plays when they have to to help their team. SB does on occassion and then just as quickly he does something bonehead. Don't get me wrong I love the guy but he is what he is.He's a winner, just not Heisman conversation.

Kirby doesn't even trust him enough in the 4th quarter to let him throw on 3rd down to try to move the chains. He would rather run it straight up the gut on third and 7 when there is virtually no chance for a 1st down than to put the ball in SB's hands. Can't imagine Ohio St.s coach doing that with Stroud or Saban with Young.

THe macho thing almost got egg on Kirby's face. THe idea we're just going to run it up the gut on the goal-line 4 straight times instead of a fake the run and toss it to Brock for an easy score shows his immaturity and pigheadedness when he could have put the game away with the field goal, he kept it a 2 possession game when we failed to stick it in . Sigh! Let the down votes begin.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

Levis is didn't have much issues passing it downfield. "Just sayin"

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Fine. Kirby Smart doesn't think his QB can throw the ball in windy and cold conditions, shut it down. Run it like crazy. Heck, didn't Florida beat us a few years ago when their QB passed like six times all game? So I'm fine with the runs. But how in the world can we not gain 1 yard? Not once, not twice, not three times, but FOUR (4) times? The wind had NOTHING to do with that disgraceful showing.

But I give Kirby credit for using that UGA psychology degree. We beat Mississippi State handily last week to win the East Division, which is an actual championship, yet the team doesn't celebrate. Apparently, that's no big deal. But win an u-g-l-y game against Kentucky to go 8-0 in SEC play, and they're dancing in the locker room, and Smart is really talking that up to anyone who will listen. An 8-0 conference record is nice but as we saw last year, it means nothing. And if we don't beat LSU, it again won't mean anything. In fact, if we lose to the Tigers, not only will we not be SEC Champs, there's a possibility that we wouldn't even make the playoffs. But hey, at least we'll be 8-0 in conference play in back-to-back seasons. Turn up that jukebox!!!!

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Levis plays with the weird geography of that field regularly. Even with that, compare the passing stats. SBIV did fine.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amazing last couple of years these players have been through (covid) and yet, these seniors have stuck it out and fought the good fight. After Saturday's win, they will have won more games than any other class in program history. That is incredible and whether they go in the NFL or not, you can't take that amazing feat from them. DGDs!! GO DAWGS!