Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia stock report: Kirby Smart secures first-ballot HOF status, Kenny McIntosh soars in Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia stock report: Kirby Smart secures first-ballot HOF status, Kenny McIntosh soars in Kentucky

ATHENS — Georgia slugged it out on the road amid frigid conditions and returned to Athens with yet another double-digit win.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Loser: Dawgnation proofreading

As shown time and time again, whoever posts these articles just accepts and posts. Doesn't spend 2 seconds to read the article. Not like it's a 500 page book. Just like UGAs short yardage this past weekend, always baffles me to no end. Autocorrect is made available to everyone. But never knew Kirby Smart joined elite "catches" when joining Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier's elite company.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kylnmeg10 Thank you so much for pointing out the typo, much appreciated! Have a great week!

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

OL has been good all season in pass protection, but equally as bad in the run game, showing flashes every now and then. They'll need their A game going forward. GATA O-line !!!

• Options

It's almost like in some games, some of OL is already to the 2nd level before the ball is even handed off. All those 4 and 5 star we brag on and 3 star and below are making them look silly. Evidence mostly shown, mizz, Kent state, miss state, and now Kentucky. Something is missing there. And it needs to be figured out ASAP. LSU will exploit that to no end.

Also goes back to the things being said about us all year, playing down to opponents level. There could be some merit to that also, like not playing at 100% effort in some games.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bennett's INT needs to be mentioned explicitly. It was probably one of the dumbest throws he's done. He had a very easy pitch-and-catch and instead threw into triple coverage with his receiver assuming "there's no way he'd throw it to me... oh no...". For a guy who knows what he's doing, there was something very wrong there. Smart clearly gave him a long talk, so I'm not worried, but jeez.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Complain if you must about the Dawg’s UNDEFEATED regular season with the offense averaging 40+ per game and the top defense in the country BUT don’t suggest that they ever play at less than 100%. It makes YOU “look silly.”

• Options

Yes it's nitpicking, but how much fun is it to hop around and say we won 1 possession games or our vaunted OL can't get 1 yard on 3 separate possessions in one game against what EVERYONE says is an inferior opponent. It make YOU look silly for bragging on what could be 1 possession wins. Look at Michigan, TCU. Do you think they're fanbase is feeling superior about their 10-0 record this morning after having to literally win with seconds on the clock? It's just me venting, but there's only so much our young defense can carry by themselves. And we didn't look like said "top defense" in the 2nd half. Bend don't break mentality, but we bent too far I feel like. Kentucky moved the ball with ease, while we couldn't muster 1 yard 3 separate times in the 2nd half.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think it is important for people who are down on this game to realize your Dawgs have been on the road for 3 of the past 4 games and come through the guantlet part of their schedule victorious! This was a week were all of the top 10 teams struggled and we advance by double digits in a game that never really concerned anyone.

Yes, Bennet was off and we had a bad 2 plays on the 1 yd line. Outside of that we ran well and played good defense. Please remember that we were playing one of the top running backs in the SEC and their QB will be a 1st rd draft pick.

Proud of what are Dawgs have accomplished and looking forward to wrecking Tech this week!

Gi Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree, why on earth did Bennett float it long into heavy coverage...as he sometimes does...again? He had a closer flat pass he could have made easily. Kirby lit up his ear for sure on that one. I do like his running ability. He can scamper. It will be interesting to see how Tech tries to cover Stetson and Jalen Carter. They did a great job of limiting NC Saturday. UGA's OL should be able to push RBs forward against Tech. Love watching that. Weather is forecast to be in 60s and sunny...so far. Let's get ready to let the Dawgs out!!! Rock the stadium Georgia fans. Make the seniors proud.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

The first two of stock even should be under stock down.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Kentucky moved the ball with ease? How many points did they score? Teams that move the ball “with ease” shouldn’t be one score from a goose egg. That’s not silly, that’s goofball.

“One possession win”? What game did you watch?

Michigan? TCU? I couldn’t care less. Michigan is a one dimensional team whose schedule gauntlet consists of one game unlike Georgia. TCU is arguably the luckiest undefeated team in history playing in the worst conference in college football.

The Dawgs just became the third team in SEC history to finish back-to-back undefeated SEC seasons. He!! yes I have fun watching every UGA win!

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

I watched the 4th and goal run on youtube as i'm sure the team did in the film room, and that play was completely not on the OL, but rather Carter and Milton. Carter had to choose which defender to block and chose the smaller safety as opposed to the DE/OLB, and then Milton could have angled just a little more toward the outside. If Carter takes the DE/OLB it's a mano v mano between Milton and safety right at the goal line. Who wins that hit? By taking the safety, Carter allowed the DE/OLB to crash Milton down into the interior where he had enough help to get Milton on the ground. The right side of our line had pretty much collapsed the KY left, leaving us with a 2v2 run.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So glad we left Kentucky in relatively good, physical shape...games like that can be hard on a team. I'll gratefully take the win and **** as it was and be happy with it! Now, it's time to WRECK TECH! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@robinsdawg

Milton isn't the guy you want in there on the goal line. You would think he would be with his size but IMHO he lacks the vision to be able to adjust in the moment. He just ran straight into the pile, then kept kicking his legs while lying on the ground. Sort of sad. Like a fish flapping on dry ground. We just don't have that big bowling ball back with a little bit of vision. Maybe more importantly we don't have an O-line that can blow their individual matchups up! No cracks or creases to be found anywhere on short yardage. Hope Kirby doesn't try that when it matters most.

A great coach knows his team's strenths and weaknesses and utilizes them to his advantage. How many times do you have to get stuffed at the line by different teams to understand that's not your teams strength, running straight up the gut on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1? Forget all the macho stuff. It's no shame to score by a different play.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Two questions here for my fellow Dawgs fans and Mike. 1) Is Branson Robinson injured or some what dinged up ?? Might just be Me ( my old eyes Lol) but I haven’t seen him in a while. 2) I fully realize he’s a true freshman and perhaps Kirby & Coach Monken might fear he’d fumble the ball in a Big situation like a goal line run. But any speculation Why they haven’t given him a shot on these OR when KS has decided to run on 4th down to pickup a first down ?? It’s probably Just Me again, I’m probably To Excited about the potential, but To Me and what I see Branson runs with Power, Authority, and Explosive !! Yes he’s been stopped and Yes a couple of times stopped short, But from what I’ve seen or at least Think I’ve seen if the O Line gives him just a smidgen of breathing room this kid Blows through rival Ds like a wrecking ball !! I’m probably just to excited on his potential Lol !! Thoughts ??

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wait a minute. Aren't you the guy that says CKS knows more than all of his questioners combined and he should never be questioned? Yet here you are questioning his choice on short yardage carries.

Did you forget that Milton, now healthy, is UGA's biggest, most powerful RB and highest ranked RB recruit on the team? Or that BRob is an unproven, inexperienced freshman with no track record for producing during crunch time?? Or is it just okay for you to question CKS but nobody else?