Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart sounds off on SEC power in wake of South Carolina win at Clemson

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart sounds off on SEC power in wake of South Carolina win at Clemson

ATHENS — Kirby Smart hasn’t paid any attention to the CFP rankings or what the committee has had to say.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have also changed my mind on UGA retaining #1 status...I now believe they will. Schedule is my reason. I agree with Kirby, the SEC is the toughest division. Mich. had a great win, but OSU was not a strong opponent...not today. Their defense was anemic. Michigan had some big, game changing plays...Ryan Day coach at OSU... sadly said they had no answer for the Mich. offense. It was overwhelming. Day was quite dejected. He has lost to Mich two years running.

Texas A& M is thumping LSU in the 4th qtr. 31 to 17.

UGA all the way....#GO42N22.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Question to You and anyone else that cares to answer. And it’s JUST a question, No politics. So with LSU getting their beat down tonight, Even if our Dawgs lost to them in the SECCG ( I’d be utterly Shocked if our Dawgs lose to them) the Dawgs would Still be in the playoffs Even With a loss to LSU right ??

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think so now.

Before the LSU loss to aTm, if they were to beat us in the SECCG and, depending on how many undefeated or one-loss champions there were, I would have thought that there was a good chance that the committee might leave us out due to “SEC fatigue”. Since LSU has played themselves out of the CFP, even if they win the SECCG, I don’t see a way we could be left out now, even with one loss to LSU!

And I also don’t see a way that Bama gets in now…..I think tOSU would get in before them. Or even a one loss Michigan or a one loss TCU because at least those teams played in their championships. Even a two loss ACC champion Clempson should get in before Bama.

USC winning today was the biggest blow to Bama, I think!

Just my two cents…..

Go Dawgs!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Will ESPN and the rest of the national college football media now just shut up about:

a. Ohio State's "explosive" offense.

b. Anthony Richardson's greatness and comparisons with Dak Prescott and Cam Newton.

The committee is going to be hard pressed to field three teams that can compete with Georgia for the national championship and they are going to expand to 12 teams?

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"There figures to be some making the argument that the Wolverines’ dominant win over the Buckeyes is among the best wins of the season."

Ohio St. is overrated essentially every year. They were last season; they were again this season. They will be ranked top 5 again to start next season. It was a good win for Michigan but lest we forget, OS is the only good team that Michigan's played all season.

Anybody arguing that Michigan should be ranked over Georgia needs to look at these team's strength of schedule and watch the replay last year's first round playoff game - the one that Georgia dominated Michigan in.

• ColoradoSkiDawgColoradoSkiDawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

SmatsTheMan - Yet the same writers who thought OSU should be number 1 will now tout MI since they beat OSU. How did similar thinking work out for MI last year? LOL

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am so tired of these Big 10 morons thinking that Michigan's beating an average Ohio State is some big win. Georgia beating the crap out of then number one Tennessee was much more impressive. I believe that Tennessee would beat Ohio State on a neutral field. Final CFP: 1. Georgia 2. Michigan 3. TCU 4. USC