Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BJ Ojulari helps highlight the present, future issues for Georgia football outside linebacker room

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageBJ Ojulari helps highlight the present, future issues for Georgia football outside linebacker room

ATHENS — Azeez Ojulari tried his best. He wanted his younger brother, BJ, to play for Georgia. He was a 4-star prospect in the 2020 recruiting cycle and had the option of following in his brother’s footsteps of being an outside linebacker at Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

I personally like the players we have sir! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This game will need to be won by the UGA offense. The UGA D will not hold LSU to single digits. LSU could possibly score in the 20's in this game IF the LSU QB is close to 100%. The UGA OL and SBIV will need to be at the top of their game this week.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgOn I don't think kids see it the same way we do as fans. I think in BJ's mind, as he said, he made the best decision for him. I don't think he's living with regrets. You and others might recall that at the same Arik Gilbert left LSU, BJ was considering following suit. But he fairly quickly decided to stay with the Tigers, even through a poor season with Coach O, and the coaching change. So, he's fine and we have no other choice but to be fine.

Small point of clarification from the story, though. While we most certainly recruited BJ Ojulari, we really didn't go after Will Anderson. At the time of his recruitment, he was not projected to be the player he turned out to be. Oh well. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

If UGA D plays lights out, LSU will not score 20.

aTm held them to under 20, and I think we will too.

I'll be curious to see how the crowd ratio of UGA/LSU. Since UGA was the away team from the east last year, I believe we will be the home team. Does that mean we will wear red?

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OLB is not just a concern, with injuries, it is a problem. Chambliss may be listed at 250 but he looks much smaller and s-l-o-w. When the ball is on the left hash, I have yet to see Chaz set the edge to the wide side. OCs are seeing the same thing because we are constantly being burned on sweeps, swings and screens with Chaz in pursuit downfield.

I hope he can pick up his game but I am afraid that what he has given is all he’s got. I don’t mean to knock the young man, I’m sure he is giving 100% effort, but there’s a reason he was behind Smith and true freshman Jones.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dang...Is there anything you like about him? He makes some plays, he does a lot of good. You BETTER BE THANKFUL we have him #1. And last too. The end. Dang. I love him. I am very glad we have him. I like watching the young man play and grow. He brings a lot to the field in spite of your criticisms. He also brings big play ability, can disrupt and create havoc. Energy. And he is freakin' good. Don't care what you say. He might make a game saving play before this season is over.

Oh and Jones? Jones' stats aren't better than Chambliss in any category. But are less in a few such as half as many tackles, half a tackle less for loss, half as many QB hurries.

Constantly burned? We have the #1 scoring defense in the nation Einstein. Not to mention rushing defense, forget it...I will just enjoy the victory. Sheesh. Constantly burned...

Despite your expert opinions and all negative criticisms of the true sophomore, Kirby has got this. So does Chambliss. Just win baby.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He will wish he did come to UGA after this weekend.

And again in January...

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with both of you. I liked Chaz a ton when we recruited him... tough as nails, committed, works hard. But he has been burned, and needs to play smarter. Very glad he's on our team, and hoping he gets much better. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree...Dang, just cause we can't rotate 3 guys at every position, doesn't mean the world is about to end, in Athens, Ga...Lol. They used to play the whole game...sometimes platooning both ways.

They ain't gonna melt if you play em more than 20 plays. That's why Jermaine Johnson left. Maybe getting more playing time, will give Sherman and Chambliss the opportunity they've been waiting for, to shine.

I hate to hear Jones is injured. Didn't know that. He's one of my favorite Freshman on Defense...along with Starks, Alexander and Williams. I'm looking forward to their development. All of those guys will be an force to deal with, for at least 2 more years.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Under the circumstances, I'm not expecting a big LSU turnout. I could be wrong, but, I don't see many people traveling all the way from Louisiana to Georgia, to watch a meaningless game.

Well, okay...the SECC is on the line for them. But, they don't have much "hope" and they are out of "luck". I'm not sure I would go to New Orleans, if UGA was in a similar position.... and LOST their last game to a (4-7), cellar-dwellin', Texas A&M Team.

UGA. 51

LSU. 10

End of story. Take it to the bank.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

I like the way you think! I really would like to beat them by the points they beat us the last two times!

Let's make Mercedes Benz OUR Home Away From Home!