Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football not expecting any surprises with LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football not expecting any surprises with LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels

ATHENS — Given Georgia’s history of facing backup quarterbacks in Mercedes-Benz Stadium, you would think the 2022 defense would be expecting the possibility of facing Garrett Nussmeier on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"A fully healthy Daniels would pose a tough test for this Georgia defense. "

Daniels has 2566 passing yards for the season. Exactly what "tough test" would he pose?

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You usually have some intelligent and objective insights. This is not one of those.

If you add JD's 824 rushing yards and 11 rushing TD's to his 2566 passing yards and 15 passing TD's (2 INT's) equates to someone who is not single dimensional and will definitely pose a tough test for UGA's D. Containing JD is THE key for this game.

JD's is a very dangerous duel threat when healthy. He is avg'ing about 70 ypg. He has run wild against multiple teams this year. He finished the game after he was hurt last week. He'll be ready on saturday.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Watched the LSU/aTm game last night. Essentially the big "upset" was decided by 2 plays. 1) an aTm scoop and score and 2) an apparent TD pass that LSU caught in the corner of the endzone with under 2 mins. After a long replay review ruled incomplete (debatable) when the LSU WR let loose as he hit the ground (after taking 2 steps).

The LSU QB's ankle injury impacted his play late and limited him. But he did finish the game. Prior , he had been running wild all over the aTm D. The LSU OL was surprisingly sound. They looked good. Good RB's, good wr's. Former Dolphin Jason Taylor's son is their TE.

LSU won over AL on a 25 yard QB scramble in OT. The guy is fast and elusive.

LSU D looked more bend but don't break than dominant. Their DB's looked pretty sound. 2 circus catches by Moose Muhammed were big momentum swingers. LB and pass rush is their strength. Only aTm RB Achane's Olympic speed allowed him to elude the LSU D and have a big game.

LSU is a tough team. SMondon better have his track shoes on if he is the UGA D's QB spy. UGA needs to play sharper than they have been, This could be a 4 quarter game. If somehow UGA ends up minus 2 in the TO margin this game could get downright scary.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A team full of 4 and 5 star players - they are a good match. UGA needs to find dominance.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Okay, getting tired of all the overhype. It is becoming nauseating because everyone is just regurgitating the same old tropes.

Just go into ATL with focus and physicality and play like the current Champions you Dawgs already are.

Leave it all out on the field and everything will take care of itself.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SECCG will be a Dawg fight. LSU will field Daniels as he has the feet. I agree, and have agreed, Daniels must be hurried and contained. Seems probable that those two plays swung things TAMU's way against LSU. Although I do believe the outcome would have been the same. In retrospect, you could say those "if" things about many games. Looking forward, UGA must play a complete game. LSU wil be up for this one. A given. UGA's OL has got to come through early and often....must score TDs. Defense, again, must stop Daniels....he is "elusive." Play tight and Daniels will make you pay. Also, Bennett is actually somewhat of a mirror of Daniels. Both capable of solid RPO performances.

This should be a close game. UGA needs a better first quarter performance than GT. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Texas A&M's front four made Daniels life miserable. Thats what we have to do. LSU was never going to win that game.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA must do the same reddawg. LSU lost a couple of breaks but the outcome, as I said, was likely never in doubt. Let's see Jaylen Carter, et al, put a hurt on LSU OL. I still believe this will be a closer game than the spread.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On O, I think LSU's going to have a problem containing our run game. They give up 144 yards on the ground per game. Yes, Perkins has become a major disrupter. But the way our line and TEs have been overpowering defenses and the way K-Mac and company are running, I just think we'll be able to pound out quite a few yards. And, of course, if they stiffen for the run game by concentrating defenders in the box, they'll be opening up space for our pass game. Just hoping the right Stetson Bennett shows up -- but he usually does for the big games.

On D, we've limited a lot of mobile quarterbacks this year by keeping in front of them. It's true that we haven't faced quite the QB rushing threat that Daniels is. But neither has Daniels faced a defense that contained Hooker, Levis, Ashford, Nix and Richardson as well as we have.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2022

I have no doubt that Daniels will start. I have no doubt that Daniels will do his best to allude our Defensive pursuit. I have no doubt that he will be somewhat successful.....BUT that first solid hit will change everything.....he'll be thinking that with one more year of eligibility, a gimpy ankle will open the door to Nussmeier or Howard for next year.....I better duck out and let these guys get some "needed" experience in the come loss!!!