Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football sees first player enter the transfer portal ahead of College Football Playoff game

2»

Comments

• sthop456sthop456 Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can't blame these young men buried on the depth chart. They only have so many years to play. For some, it is their last opportunity to play the game of football in their lifetime instead of riding the bench at their current place. For others, it is their last opportunity to impress pro scouts. Some flourish elsewhere where they get on the field more, others dont. As long as they don't disparage UGA, I can't blame them and wish them the best of luck.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why should Norton be allowed to remain with the team? He has publicly stated that he no longer wishes to be a Dawg, so give him his wish. It is a long-held maxim that "that which must be done eventually, should be done immediately." Let him go on to his "greener pastures" before his attitude infects the rest of the team. We don't need him. We've 100 more lined up who will be glad to take his place. He'll never be a DGD.

(JK, except I do think he may as well leave now. But I'm sure Norton is a good kid who just is looking for a reset on his football career. There is NOTHING wrong with that and, like Justin Fields, I really do wish him the best. I was just repeating the vitriol earlier that some other Dawg fans had spewed about previous transfers).

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck, young man!

Did what was asked of him for four years….unfortunately he was recruited at a time when we had/have generational depth.

No shame at all in owning up to this.

I wish him well and truly hope he lands somewhere to be able to finish out his career!

Go Dawgs!