Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

NFL experts:Jalen Carter is best player on Georgia’s team, ‘he destroys them all’

2»

Comments

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Will Anderson winner of the '22 Bednarik Award was widely considered to be the winner in '21 as well. Anderson is also winner of the '21 and '22 Lombardi (top OL/DL/LB/TE) . Seems like a whole lot of people think he is pretty good. The best actually.

What does the NFL think of this player's ability? Top 2 NFL draft choice coming. The smart money is on WAnderson to be the #1 non QB selected in the NFL draft. He would be #1 overall except Houston needs a QB.

Last game sacks in the Iron Bowl? An SEC rivalry game? As opposed to 5 passing TD's vs UAB. Which stat's should we count and which one's don't we? Caught talking out of both sides of your mouth again. LOL

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lmao...you did catch the SECCG and CFP last year, right. Do you know what effect Anderson had on those games? I'll let you look it up, cause I know. You won't take it from me, though. And, I don't blame you. I do my own analysis, too.

Anderson was gifted that award, this year...precisely because of what he did, last year. That, and all the 400hz whining coming out of BAMA Country, about Anderson not making the Heisman finals list, in 2021.

I'm telling you...I watched him, and he did not put in work on every play. He loaded quite a bit and that's not becoming of excellence. And QB Pressures aren't even a real STAT. It's too subjective and the criteria varies from "game-to-game" and "Conference-to-Conference".

The reason I think it's BS, is personal. There are more deserving players out there, that aren't getting the recognition they deserve. Why?

Because the "brain thrusts"...yes I meant "thrusts", because the voters think they know everything, when they know very little...anyway, the "brain thrusts" are lazy. Most of them watch the teams they cover , along with their opponents...and no one else.

The "Voters" get their marching orders from ESPN. And, ESPN, hasn't changed their Will Anderson narrative, since the 2021 season came to an end.

They also, said this was Nick Saban's best team, ever. And, they would go undefeated all the way to the Natty. Does this feel like Saban's best team? Did it play like his best team?

I saw it in their A-Day game and some of their roster moves made me skeptical with regard to their "greatness". I didn't see it...whereas, UGA's 2nd string looked better than their starters, in the G-Day game...not to a man, but, overall.

Anderson wasn't even the best player on BAMA's defense, this year...but, he's the best in the Country? Please! You and ESPN and all the voters in America will never convince me that I didn't see, what I saw out of Anderson, in 2022. There are a few talking heads that saw it, as well, and said as much...but, they've been discouraged from talking it up.

I guess, what really gripes my a$$, is a deserving 2022 defender was cheated out of their just desserts, so that the media can make up for 2021 and maintain it's narrative. It's rediculous.

Just to be clear...none of UGA's front 7 deserved it either. Carter is by far the best down lineman in the Country, but, through no fault of his own, he didn't put in enough work to win it. He missed 3 games and a few partials....but, the work he DID put in, my God! Lol...I haven't seen a player in this Country, College or NFL, that can do what he can do. He will be the 1st defenser off the board, in the draft.

Mark my words, NFL Scouts saw the same thing I did. Watch Anderson slip to round 2 or 3. They don't pay much attention to ESPN anymore. They've been "wrong", far more often than they've been "right". He's gonna be another Clowney.