Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Christmas comes early for Georgia: Former Ohio State MVP delivers loads of motivation

2»

Comments

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The fact that they have players opting out instead of choosing to play towards a NC, tells you their level of buy in and their thinking as to their chances of actually winning!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Makes one wonder: How did this guy even get admitted to Ohio State? Surely he didn’t get a degree.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Have you noticed how absolutely moronic some of these ex-players and fans of Ohio State are on social media? It makes me laugh that a nobody gets online and actually gives the superior team in all facets "Bulletin Board Material".

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has Darron Lee been too busy to watch OS football?

Ryan Day inherited a completely stacked team on day 1. He has lost the biggest game of the year in every season since. Day, like every OS coach manages to get the job done in games when he has a drastic talent advantage - against B1G teams.

Day managed to beat Michigan in 2019 - his first year. Since then: 2020- canceled. 2021 and 2022 lost to Michigan.

2019: Lost to Clemson. 2020: Lost to Alabama. 2021: Lost to Oregon and Michigan. 2022: lost to Michigan at home.

I think I see a pattern developing... Next up: Georgia.

• Options
    davydawg7474davydawg7474 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

if this were a current player or coach u mght be on to something, this is some dude i dont even know and a former player, whats hes supposed to say? manufactored heat will do nothing..try harder mike..just dont het what this is all about

• Options
    georgiajeepn2019georgiajeepn2019 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I did not realize Elliot was still at Ohio State and not the Cowboys.

• Options
    BASDawgBASDawg Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

Darron, Darron, Darron. Let me explain it to you: Brock Bowers is the guy that's gonna catch four TD passes in the game. Chris Smith is the guy that's gonna get four interceptions. Just keep talking, Buddy, please, keep talking.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2022

Lies. All lies. Just filthy contemptible lies. Well, this is good news though. Ohio State fans know that they are going to lose so they are spreading nonsense like this as excuses. Hopefully UGA is up 63-10 in the 4th quarter, find themselves on the 1 yard line, see this nonsense and scores yet again. And then goes for 2 and makes it. Maybe that will stop their loser fanbase from spreading nonsense like this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/report-ohio-state-couldn-t-afford-5-star-recruit-outbid-by-sec-school/ar-AA15ex4d?cvid=891e91d67d934c1a8c4f226de09a2e4a

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting. I guess this means we're getting Wilson? As for the excuse, I don't even understand it. What person who knows enough about college football to at least know what NIL is, is going to believe for a second that Ohio State couldn't "afford" a player? I mean if that's even remotely true, it could only mean that they've spent a ton of money bringing in other players. So what are they complaining about? Just senseless.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@E_Roc

Ryan Day simply isn't as good a recruiter as Urban Meyer was. He isn't even as good a recruiter as Jim Tressel, as at least Tressel completely owned the midwest, did well in California and was great at finding 3 stars with potential. They are using NIL as an excuse for Day getting his clock cleaned on the recruiting trail for years. And now that Michigan has taken the last 2 in a row from them, Day is going to start losing more battles against the Wolverines also. That program is on a clear downtrend and they are using NIL as an excuse.

• Options
    DawgZillaDawgZilla Posts: 10 ✭✭ Sophomore

This guy allegedly played great in the semi-final game back in 2014 so, how wonderful for him!

But ya know what? That was eight years ago, dog!

We don't care what you think, bro. You went from being a first-rounder to a free agent, which could mean you're either still a hot commodity, or of limited value to an NFL team now.

That's kinda how we feel about your silly prognostication as well as your "playful " comments and opinions.

Let go of the past and get a life, dude.

"Nobody cares!"

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Lee, a former first-round NFL draft pick who is now a free agent, commented that he had never heard of any of the players other than Ringo.".....Well, Scooter, I'm sure it's because you've been so focused on your career and free agency. I'll bet you a dollar to your donut career that when the game ends on the 31st, your have become intimately knowledgeable on at least all of our 1's and 2's and most probably the 3's, 4's and 5's.....hell if you cupcakes play like you did Big Blue, you'll be on a first name basis with our water girls and ball boys!

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 278 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Darron Lee in his first year in the NFL in 2016 was at the end of the year given a final grade of 38.8 by Pro Football Focus, the lowest of all rookie LBs in the NFL. In 2017, he was given fines totaling $72,965 and a grade of 34.9 by PFF, 87th out of 88 qualifying LBs. In 2018, he was suspended for 4 games due to taking PEDs. These obviously did not help as he is now looking for work. We NOW know who Darron Lee is!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah I gathered all that. I'm saying even by excuse standards, their claim makes no sense.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

🤣🤣🤣

That's all I got to say bout dat. Lol...nuff said.

I would put the 2021 & 2022 version of the UGA Bulldogs up against EVERY Ohio State Fuckeyes Team, I've ever seen. And, that's about 50-55 yrs worth. 😎

There's a Miami, FSU and Nebraska team, I would worry about, on the all-time list. Not to mention BAMA, AUB, FLA, LSU and UT, have had some excellent teams over the years. But, OSU had better be eating Buckeyes with their Wheaties, if they're planning on going toe-to-toe with the 2022 Hairy Ones.

Lmao...OSU may have some players "opt out" after they've had time to study the UGA Game Film.

• Options
    cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

Darron doesn’t sound like he graduated from THE Ohio State…..

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best he learn the names of the Staff at St. Mary's hospital. His homies might be trippin' there in an ambulance, or two.