Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What social media is saying about Georgia football after another elite signing class

2»

Comments

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"If McIntosh and Milton leave I’m a little concerned with our depth and experience at RB eventhough we have some very talented players. "

That crossed my mind, too.. If it was me...and that happened, I would permanently move Bowers to Half-Back/H-Back. UGA has more than enough talent in the TE room, to cover that position, especially with the receiver group they just brought in. Why not spread it out a little bit.

Plus, I've been really impressed with how Branson Robinson has been coming along and Edwards has improved as well. Running with authority, picking up the running lanes, blocking...everything, but speed...cause you can't teach or Coach that. That requires individual commitment, "along with", natural ability.

edited December 2022

I Don't think UGA went all out to sign Manning. In fact I think they only pursued him for the publicity. Everyone expected UGA to recruit him, cause the hype machine said he was the best.

My guess is, Monkin wasn't thrilled about signing him, cause he already has what he needs for the next few years, in the QB room. And, they didn't see where Manning would be an upgrade...plus, through no fault of his own, he comes with baggage. UGA just doesn't NEED that. More minuses than plusses...maybe.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Interesting observation: This recruiting cycle is loaded with QBs, but very few in 2024. Three of the top 4 players and 6 out of the top 10 are QBs in 2023. There’s only 1 QB in the top 14 players in 2024 and that’s Raiola who is the #1player overall. Bama picked-up several QBs this year and they have a commitment from Julian Sayin next year. He’s the #2 QB, but only ranked #15 overall in the 2024 class. Sounds like we could be in a great position for Raiola and Bama will be dealing with a very crowded QB room. Cross your fingers we can attract Raiola. Go Dawgs!!!

Now, that's interesting. I wasn't aware of next years crop. You may be right about Raiola.

IMO...alot of these recruiting services focus on a single player on the field..."The QB on offense"". They don't seem to realize that there are actually 22 players on the field at any given time...and the QB is only one man.

The defense has a QB, too...only you hardly ever hear them discuss it. I think it's because, they know as much about the game of football as they do about physical attributes. A QB is only as good as the team around him...(see Bryce Young).

A great defensive QB can make a great offensive QB, look average. Nakobe Dean was one of the best I've ever seen at it. Dumas-Johnson is pretty good, but, next year I expect him to take the leap that Nakobe did between 2020 & 2021.

I think UGA signed their next great defensive QB this year and I feel darn good about their defense, going forward. They've got a room full of potentially great offensive QB's. I see no need to fret about that position at this stage of the game.

I think you can feel good about the fact that the other team can't win, if they can't score. Lol

Merry Christmas, my fellow Dawg.