Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Ohio State familiar with physical football, knows what to expect from Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Ohio State familiar with physical football, knows what to expect from Georgia

ATLANTA — Ohio State hasn’t played Georgia since 1992, but Coach Ryan Day made it clear the Buckeyes know what to expect.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hahaha haha... A typical Mike passive aggressive anti-Georgia article. B10 is known for smash mouth football? Hahaha.

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

I LIKE IT!….he’s just feeding the beast, worked for Stetson.

I’d like to say he knows what he’s doing, but I can’t.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawg fans, it will soon be time to rock the Benz again! Turn it up as loud as you can. Do YOUR part, and if the person sitting next to you ain’t loud enough, slap them! LOL Just kidding, don’t slap them! Just encourage them to turn it up! You can make a difference. Let’s go, baby! Let’s go!

GO DAWGS!

BEAT OHIO STATE!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 324 ✭✭✭ Junior

You guys crack me up. Mike G is playing chess while some of you are playing checkers. He may claim objectivity, but he knows exactly what he’s doing. Keep it up though, fellas, bc you’re nothing if not entertaining.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let's hurry this week up so we can slaughter these guys

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Smash mouth football… in slow motion… the OSU players just haven’t faced giant players that are also very, very fast and athletic… that said, OSU can beat Georgia, but only if Georgia has an off game. This championship is our Dawgs’ to win. If our guys play at an average level for their typical standard, then I believe Georgia wins out.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Big 10 hasn't been a "smash-mouth football conference" in well over 10 years. Nearly every team in that conference runs the spread now, including "power spread" teams like Iowa. Some of the lesser programs in the Big 10 still try to mix it up, but with 3 star recruits at the line of scrimmage and no NFL prospects on the outside they aren't able to do much.

Go back 25 years ago maybe when Lloyd Carr was at Michigan, Nick Saban was at Michigan State, Joe Paterno was at Penn State, John Cooper was at Ohio State, Barry Alvarez was at Wisconsin and Hayden Fry was at Iowa then yes it was a smash-mouth football conference, and further one that actually rivaled the SEC in putting players in the NFL. Today's Big 10 though? Nope. It is Michigan and everybody else.

No, the Big 10 isn't as soft as the Big 12, Pac-12 or ACC. But that doesn't make them a smash-mouth conference. At Michigan State, Melvin Tucker imported a former 2 star recruit tailback from Wake Forest - a spread program! - and he was the best runningback in the Big 10 in 2021. No way that happens in a conference that used to regularly play guys at tailback that would likely be playing LB or even DL - seriously Ron Dayne was over 260 lbs when he played RB at Wisconsin - like the Big 10 used to be.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Day doesn't care about Smash mouth, he's excited to see his wide receivers match against our db's, especially after the SEC championship. Georgia will get in trouble if they let their wide receivers run by like they did the last two sec championship games. Also, can our offensive line open holes.

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 81 ✭✭ Sophomore

Don't let Ohio receivers get behind you, that's how simple it was when I played defense in high school. Let me think, that was about 57 years ago. I think it will still work.