Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ohio State Scouting Report Tuesday: Comparing Buckeyes’ quarterback C.J. Stroud to Justin Fields

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageOhio State Scouting Report Tuesday: Comparing Buckeyes’ quarterback C.J. Stroud to Justin Fields

ATLANTA — Ohio State had a different look the last time it was in the College Football Playoffs, and reflecting back, what a star-studded cast it really was!

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Article: living in the past yet again.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Stroud is a more dangerous and accurate passer if you give him enough time in the pocket. Fields was more dangerous on the move with his threat to run. The key for the Dawgs will be affecting and disrupting Stroud's rhythm without giving up too much on the back end. Harrison and Egbuka are better WRs than any we have faced this season (including Hyatt). We can't afford to give up big pass plays or cover like we did against LSU or it will be a long evening. Again, the line of scrimmage and turnovers will probably decide this game.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m so anxious about this game. I am trying to quiet my inner Munson, and all the voices from the CMR era. I have rewatched the seccg and most of lsu ‘s points came from plays where coverage was blown or poor tackling. Both of these issues can be overcome with focus and communication.

i know Kirby and will are gunna have the dawgs frothing at the mouth. I just hope we can put OSU away early. I’ve found that OSU fans are the big10 equivalent of Florida fans, 🤦‍♂️.

go dawgs

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe achhilles heel of all QB's is pressure. Let a QB stand in the pocket and give him 4 seconds and even a HS QB will hit the target most of the time. Pressure and tight coverages are the key . Soft zones and time to throw it equals a walk in the park. Pressure forces the brain to work faster than it wants to.

• Options

They're actually worse, lol. When you have to go about trademarking "the", shows how full of air you truly are.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

I keep reading articles mentioning that Jaxson Njigba will not play and it’s a crushing blow to the Buckeye’s offense. Reality is that he has basically been out all season (5 receptions for 45 yards) so it shouldn’t have any affect on their offense since he hasn’t been a factor all year. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Article: living in the past yet again." kylnmeg10

@kylnmeg10 Your comment shows how CLUELESS you are. Those that don't know the past are doomed to repeat it. The past is EVERYTHING. It is a great motivator and teacher of mistakes. Don't think for a minute that Kirby and crew have not been drilling what happened in the past into the player's noggins. The dawgs are going against history in this game if they want to win two nattys in a row. But of course, you wouldn't know that, because you think history began today. SMH.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn't be surprised if Day draws up a few running plays for Stroud. With man coverage it will be easy enough to clear out parts of the field for him to run for big yardage. He had open space to run several times against the Wolverines but didn't take it. My bet is he runs more this game.

• Options

Clueless, ha. Only thing meant by my comment, Mike griffiths consistency of bringing up Justin Fields/ex-players who have went on to be decent at other schools. So looks like someone else is clueless. SMDH.

• Options

Exactly what I said in another article and got flamed for.🤷‍♂️

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Couldn't agree more reddawg, QB pressure is key but would add.....just like the Tennessee game, we need to hit harder than the opposition on every play. It will be a competition of will, conditioning, and strength. The DAWGS have what it will take and I believe that by the second half, especially in the fourth quarter our D line will be absolutely dominate....that goes for the 3's, 4's and 5's that get on the field.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not other ex-players, just Fields…he has a huge man crush on Fields, I bet he was on all fours when writing this article, lol!