Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia defense has something to prove against Ohio State after LSU ‘embarrassment’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia defense has something to prove against Ohio State after LSU ‘embarrassment’

ATLANTA — Ohio State has spent a lot of time answering questions about its lopsided loss to Michigan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are allot of people that don’t want to see our Dawgs win back to back Nattys. Especially with Stetson Bennett under center. I just hope that doesn’t include the zebras. I hope they will be totally neutral and call a fair and square game. Why do I say these things ?? There’s a narrative being pushed by allot of media that goes: “Poor little OSU they’ve made it to the Ntl. Title game but haven’t won it in quite a while, maybe this is Their year”. And this one: OSU is coming in with a chip on their shoulder, they feel disrespected, they want to redeem themselves”. Yeah uh huh, just like the Dawgs have won Nattys every other year Lol !! Last year took a Huge part of the pain and agony away, and I’m So grateful for that. But as a Dawgs fan I think Allot of us, Most of us, want our Dawgs to prove their not one hit wonders. And that unlike LSU, Auburn, and others our Dawgs are not a bright flaming star that just burned out !! No last year was The Beginning of many, many, great years of either winning the Ntl. Title or being right there at the door of winning it. And with all respect to CJ Stroud I’ve heard how great he is till I’m about ready to puke !! And I’ve heard about the ydg. the Dawgs D gave up to LSU till I’m about to puke on that to !! Very little mention of the Dawgs QB and how He helped win a Ntl. Title or his record of 27-3. SO I don’t wish Stroud any serious injury, but I hope our D constantly introduces him to the ground !! Conversely I hope Stets burns OSU eyes out with great passes. And lastly I hope and sure Believe our Dawgs will Win, on their way to Another Ntl. Title !! If our Dawgs don’t get proper respect then I guess they’d have to win the Super Bowl and Oh Yeah with Stetson under center of course !! Go Dawgs !! Beat them Weird Walnuts !!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think you’re right about the pundits, but the quote refers specifically to the UGA football program knowing that they don’t belong. I just don’t think I’ve heard that from anyone who is actually associated with the team.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You make a great point about the “talent at developing talent” referring to the coaching staff. The level of quality that these players arrive with is compounded once they are being developed in the UGA program. There’s very few, if any, programs that can match UGA when it comes to developing players. I believe they can see potential in some often over looked recruits because of this ability to develop. I think we probably all watch the recruiting process a little closer than we used to.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

LSU never, ever came anywhere close to beating Georgia in the SEC Championship game. Part of the passing yardage LSU amassed is due to the fact that when UGA is up four touchdowns, the 2s and 3s and 4s get more and more playing time. Part of it is just getting into a "prevent" mindset to protect the lead. LSU's passing yardage was also accompanied by multiple interceptions-- not good. All that said, Kelee Ringo really needs to tighten up his game. I appreciate the clutch interceptions he has made, but he doesn't be able to cover very well play-to-play and he resorts to pass interference far too easily. Expect to see Kelee at his best this Saturday!

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

This article is another typical Mike Griffith troll article. Just look at his headlines. Hyperbolic, passive aggressive, ridiculous..... Mike can be a good writer but his personal animosity focused on UGA overrides his professional skills.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"I think the nuts come out blasting but we adjust the D after a drive or two"

Um...

• Options
    FishingDawgFishingDawg Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

Not sure why you and others have a bone to pick with Mike Griffith. He is probably the most insightful reporter for DawgNation. I think any animosity is in your mind, not his. All he was saying was that after losing all those players and hearing all of the negative talk before the season started any normal person would have doubts about the task ahead. I'm sure those concerns left the building after the Oregon game.