Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Great expectations: True freshman Malaki Starks leads Georgia defense in snaps, sets lofty goals

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageGreat expectations: True freshman Malaki Starks leads Georgia defense in snaps, sets lofty goals

ATLANTA — True freshmen typically don’t make a sudden or major impact on Kirby Smart’s Georgia defenses, but Malaki Starks is certainly not the typical freshman.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bless him. What a huge amount of pressure for somebody so young!

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just want to say, that's a great photo by @JeffSentell. Way to go!

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been so impressed by the character displayed by Georgia players. Malaki's candor and a mix of candor and confidence seems to fit right in. As physically gifted as he is, he seems like the kind of player who will improve. I just hope we'll see some of that improvement -- particularly in coverage decisions -- against Ohio State's receivers.

Of course, I'm biased. But, as I watch interviews with the young men on other teams, it seems to me that the UGA players stand out for their intelligence, maturity, honesty and just overall team-oriented approach.

There have been some boneheaded escapades even this year (DUIs, etc.), and there will be more boneheaded escapades in the future. But they seem to be fewer and farther in between than in past years.

This reflects particularly well on Kirby Smart and the entire Georgia staff. It demonstrates that his approach to recruiting and building the whole man is fundamental to the DGD culture.