Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Georgia star Brock Bowers sparks 42-41 comeback win over Ohio State with ‘Matrix’ move

SystemSystem Posts: 10,527 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Georgia star Brock Bowers sparks 42-41 comeback win over Ohio State with ‘Matrix’ move

ATLANTA — Just call All-American Brock Bowers “The Matrix” after his incredible fourth-quarter reach for a first down proved pivotal in Georgia’s historic 42-41 win over Ohio State.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    brucelhunterbrucelhunter Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

Brock's amazing move on the fourth-down catch is one we'll never forget. But Arian Smith should have been the offensive MVP of the game. And the play of the game was Bullard's crushing blow on Harrison. With Harrison in the game, Georgia had no chance to come back. It was a classic example of what Kirby teaches every game: leave your mark on the other guys, and Bullard delivered. So did AD, Brock and Ladd. And of course, Kirby's timely timeout. All of these were critical plays, but Bullard's was the biggest.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did Brock Bowers learn to levitate or was he a ballerina in a former life?

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So many good points in these comments - Bowers continues to amaze in so many ways each week. Even when not catching multiple balls, he is always a pivotal difference maker. Smith and his moves that turned the defender around and caused him to fall - just crisp. So glad they reversed the call on Bullard. It was a perfect football play and unfortunately, given the track record of many of the reviews so far this year, I was afraid they would uphold it. The awareness and recognition of the alignment on that fake punt and then to get the timeout called was the play of the game. Great and gritty win; now 1 more. Go DAWGS

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe not a ballerina, but I get what you’re saying. My thought when I watched the slow motion replay was Bowers is to tight end what Baryshnikov was to ballet.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bowers bends time and space and proves again why he's the go-to-guy when you need it most!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fantastic effort by Bowers. We're going to really need the Matrix man against TCU with Washington out - both in blocking and receiving.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hell of a play by Brock! A true Dawg legend in the making! From now on, I will call him Ballin' Brock! Y'all heard it here first! 😁

GO DAWGS!

BEAT TCU!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ballin' Brock!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought Brock's play and the hit by Bullard were the two plays of the game for the Dawgs. As for Bullard's play, even if Harrison had managed to hang on to the ball, he would have been called for "illegal touching" because he slightly stepped out of the back of the end zone just before the pass arrived. Because the pass was incomplete, however, that eliminated the illegal touching. And once they overruled the targeting call, then it was simply a play-on.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Completely Amazing. Guess the yoga and pilates worked.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Coach Smart's calling the 4th qtr time out is the play of the game.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m sure Bowers is very excited to get to play for the national championship in his home state and he’ll want to show out for the home crowd. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The PAC 12 officials on the field were pathetic. You have 8 officials and they can't make the correct call.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Freeze frame that shot of him defying gravity , blow it up into a giant poster and place it in the UGA football complex somewhere close to the NC we're about to earn!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure the ref's would have caught MHJ's "illegal touching" or not. There was no flag for it real time. Didn't see a definitive view on it so could easily have been "the play stands as called on the field". Just glad they got the "targeting" call correct. Clearly shoulder to shoulder w/head turned. "Unnecessary roughness" is becoming a grey area at the whim of the officials. THAT roughness was absolutely necessary to break up a catch.

The ref's apparently missed the "12 men in formation" on the fake punt/timeout play. Who knows. I was impressed they got the "targeting" and Bowers spot plays right/corrected.