Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett knows Georgia football offense must ‘clean things up and play better’ against TCU

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett knows Georgia football offense must ‘clean things up and play better’ against TCU

Stetson Bennett knows Saturday night wasn’t his best performance. Despite throwing for a career-high 398 yards and three touchdowns to go along with a rushing touchdown, the Georgia quarterback added he played bad football for about 30 minutes on Saturday as well.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Sometimes you win **** but, I'll take a win like Oregon and Tennessee. Go Dawgz beat TCU.😎

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Only a punk would make comments like that…

🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stetson played badly for about 8 minutes in the second quarter. 23-34 for 398 with 3 TD'S and 1 pick is not a bad game on any level of football. Yes, there's some decisions and throws he'd like back but that's true for most every QB in every game.

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man it only took Stetson 31 starts to have a game as good as JT's first start for the Dawgs(after a year and a half layoff with one week of practice with the 1st team). Well almost as good

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Watch the K-State/TCU Championship game. Easy to find on YouTube. Full game. Highlights.

So far I've only watched the highlights.

TCU is tough, fast, athletic, and well coached.

Kansas State lost to TCU earlier in the year.

In the championship game K-State very aggressively pressured the TCU quarterback, forced turnovers, avoided pass interference calls (to a degree), and ran the ball very well. It was still a very close game, but Kansas State won.

I have no idea if there are lessons for our Dawgs, but I can't imagine the Big 12 Championship Game wouldn't be interesting to many Dawg fans. I'd bet a nickel Kirby & Company have looked at it six ways from Sunday.

I plan to watch the complete game, but not tonight.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The only way to lose is to not get up after being knocked down.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t really care about what rival fans think, but if your a Dawgs fan this is Extremely Impressive: He’ll also cross of some major statistical milestones with a strong performance against the Horned Frogs. He needs 71 passing yards to set the school’s single-season record, currently held by Aaron Murray as he threw for 3,893 yards in 2012. Bennett needs 177 passing yards to become the school’s first 4,000-yard passer in program history. Go Dawgs !! Go Stetson !!

• Options
    LakeSinclairLakeSinclair Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

One game away from becoming the greatest Dawg ever. Ted Lasso says that the happiest creature on Earth is the goldfish because its memory is only 10 seconds long. Perhaps instead of The Mailman, Stetson should be The Goldfish. He never dwells on misfortune and always pushes past it.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Overall it was a solid job by Bennett, but I think there are notable things that need to be addressed:

1) We had the ball in the 2nd Quarter with 36 seconds left and 3rd down at our 25 with plenty of timeouts left trailing by 4. Smart decided to run out the clock after Bennett nearly threw a pic and proceeded to chew him out. You have to believe that Smart would've tried at least one more big play before the half if Bennett hadn't frustrated Smart. That could've been a critical last effort drive to get a FG and could've easily been the difference in the game.

2) That poor lateral was just sloppy effort and plays like that can be a big difference in the game as well

3) Smart is always one to give credit where credit is due and is very tactful and so it tells you something when he starts by talking about Bennett not doing what he wanted.

4) A few times Bennett did pumps like he was going to throw but decided not to. In a game like this, you can almost bet on a sack. If you can't throw it, then throw it away - he certainly knows better. We can't afford sacks.