Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Oscar Delp to show what he’s learned if Darnell Washington can’t play in National Championship

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageOscar Delp to show what he’s learned if Darnell Washington can’t play in National Championship

Oscar Delp knew he had a bright future. He learned a lot from Brock Bowers and Darnell Washington this past season and contends that Todd Hartley is the best tight ends coach in the country.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

I expect Washington to see some snaps....more of a distraction when needed but Delp will play... can't wait to see him shine....and he will! I also expect to see a whole lot more of Brock!!!! McConkey, there is no way to keep this competitor off the field! Mitchel, Smith, Blaylock, Jackson and R-Jacksaint.....TCU will discover that they need more than 11 to cover.....all the while our running back room will run wild in a yardage competition!!!! GOOOO DAWGS

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

Just leave it all out there on the field, whomever is able to play, and the rest will take care of itself.

Play hard, physical football that you are known for and don’t play timid or tight.

I think at times the players, especially on offense, played a little tight against OSU like the pressure was getting to them.

Let it loose Dawgs, we know you can because we have seen it so many times this past season. We fans are going to ❤️ and support you no matter what. You dudes are the best on the planet this season, so go out and show it and let the chips fall where they may.

This is not the 2021 team, this is the 2022 team. Leave your mark and become legendary! Ya’ll worked so hard and went 13-0 on top of being the SEC Champion, something last year’s team can’t lay claim to. Now win that ‘ship RING and lay claim to the 3rd back-to-back CHAMPION in over 65 years!

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Playing Washington would make no sense. UGA doesn't need him to beat TCU - I expect Bowers to have a huge game - and he doesn't want a minor injury that he will be over in 2 weeks max to turn into a major injury that will sideline him during NFL draft preparations. Something that could knock him from being a borderline 1st round pick prospect to the 4th round.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was impressed with Delp at G-Day, and I told my daughter that if I didn't know better, I'd think it was Brock wearing Delp's uniform.

Really can't wait for him to go gangbusters! Next year, with Beck as QB I'd love to see the Brock and Oscar show!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes Delp gives up a considerable size and experience difference to The Big O. But we all know you don’t play on the Kirby&Monken Offense unless you Prove you can block effectively. It’s one of the coaching Got To’s if your gonna get on that field for the O. Delp did a solid job replacing Washington when he got injured so I have every confidence in him. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know Duece is the #1 TE recruit but go watch some film on Luckie and see who he reminds you of running with the ball. Go Dawgs!

• Options

I couldn’t post this on the article about Brock, something about data to long and gibberish so I’m posting it here. No Disrespect at all to Oscar Delp, he’s a Great player !! I have what is probably the ignoramus question of the day. But here goes. Brock will be back for 2023 correct ?? I mean he’s not eligible to go to the NFL the normal route right now unless he quit the team and went as a free agent ?? Sure Hope he’ll be back for 2023 !! He’s an Awesome player and a DGD !!

• Options

OK did a little Internet research and Brock Will be back for 2023 !! In one article he talks about wanting to get bigger before going to the NFL. Plus per NFL rules he’s not draft eligible until after his junior year. SO looking forward to seeing a Bowers/Delp combo next year and maybe even some of these true freshmen to !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm sure Delp will do well, Hopefully Stet will look for him and trust him to make the play when the opportunity comes.