Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Third-year back-up QB Carson Beck prepared if needed, ready for what’s next

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Third-year back-up QB Carson Beck prepared if needed, ready for what’s next

LOS ANGELES — Carson Beck doesn’t necessarily expect to play in the CFP Championship Game on Monday night, but the Georgia backup quarterback is prepared for the moment if called upon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Smart is correct…first things first! Win the natty and then we can talk quarterback battle!

• doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior

@MikeGriffith , I was unable to comment on the "Cover 4" article from yesterday so I'm doing so here.

"Consider, UGA just made back-to-back CFP title game appearances with a former walk-on QB who didn’t have another P5 offer. What might a 4-or-5-star talent do in a Todd Monken offense? "

Do you honestly believe that SBIV is not currently a 4-5 star level talent? It's just a lazy comment and, yet again, demonstrates your biases. Jordan Davis was a 3 star. Eric Stokes was a 3 star. There are countless other players in college historically that were low-star that went on to blow up in college and/or pro. Patrick Mahomes - 3 star. Baker Mayfield - 3 star. Josh Allen - 3 star. Look how they all developed. Either recruiting misses and/or they developed into 4-5 stars in college.

If you expect a future UGA quarterback to light it up far beyond what SBIV has done this year (over the course of the last two years), I DON'T want what you're drinking or smoking.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I used to think of BEck as sort of a dufus, perhaps wrongly so, but in watching that interview with him out in L.A. yesterday he was anything but a dufus, he seemed more like like Clint Eastwood in Josey Wales. He never smiled once, and it wasn't anything like he was giddy or Golly Gee ****, just a totally calm but serious demeanor. I thought tomyself that guy has now got an edge to him, and I like it!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe things this site censors. Everyone knows what follows, golly gee ____!

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@doubledawg1990 I agree, it will be interesting to see if NFL teams feel he has developed into an elite talent like those other 3 stars you mentioned who play in the NFL -- this year's offense has relied so much on very short throws that it's hard to know. WE should find out at the NFL combine or if he gets invited to an all-star game -- I've been asking the Sr Bowl director to invite him, selfishly!