Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart: Georgia football started and finished season as hunters, and consequently, champions

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart: Georgia football started and finished season as hunters, and consequently, champions

INGLEWOOD, Calif. — Kirby Smart closed the season the same way he started it, serving notice that Georgia football would be the hunters.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I want to extend an olive branch to you. I’ve been Very harsh toward you pretty much all season. But I recognize and Respect courage. And you demonstrated Allot of courage with that last statement in particular of your comments. This is a time of Great Celebration for Dawgs fans. I don’t want to spoil it by My being a horse’s ass. So I offer my apologies to you. I might not always agree with you in the future. But I will try very hard to refrain from being brash and harsh toward you. I think Allot of people might have changed their minds about Stetson. But You had the courage to publicly admit that and I have a real respect for that. I wish You and your family a Great New Year !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really hope those who determine who will enter the College Football HOF will go back and rethink the requirement that no one can enter who was not an All-American. Despite being the 4th place finisher in the Heisman, the MVP of four CFP games in 2 years, the first QB to lead his team to two consecutive CFP titles in the 4 team format, Stetson apparently cannot be considered for the HOF without that All-American label. This is an unequivocal injustice!

• Options
    edited January 2023

@thadec Oh and your questions are very intriguing. What Will Monken do now ?? Behind Stetson, Carson Beck has had the most in game snaps. But from a dual threat type QB it looks like Brock Vandergriff has more ability to Run with the ball ( not Necessarily better mobility Staying in the pocket) and with the limited time he’s had Gunner Stockton also more of a running QB. I’d have to go take a peek at the roster stats but I think BVG has a little size advantage over Stockton as well as experience. Monken will probably have to make some pretty significant changes with Beck. But I must say Beck has looked pretty decent in the very limited times he’s got to play. Could be a fiery QB battle ?? P.S. Whoever the QB is will have some Very Nice talent to work with right from the start. And if need be Kirby might dip into the portal pool.

• Options

@bogarttad Wow !! I didn’t know that about the HOF criteria !! That is Grossly unfair !! And Yes absolutely needs to be changed !!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Boys, that was mighty fun to watch! Hell of a performance by these warriors! I'll never forget this night! Way to go, Dawgs! Way to go!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So SB can't be a decent to good NFL QB based on what .....height? See Kyler Murray , I think Bryce Young will be the 1st QB drafted, they're the same height, and that guy that used to run the Seahawks offense, Wilson. Certainly not due to arm strength. That throw to Ladd was a 55 yard missile.

It certainly isn't his form, as in Tebow. He certainly has more intangibles than most. Lot's of sexy looking QB's turn out to be busts! SB just wired different!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess I'm a lousy judge of arm strength. Because one of the ESPN guyus said last night that Bennett obviously doesn't have the typical NFL-type arm strength. But it often looks to me like he's whipping the ball as hard as anyone.

One of those shots that landed in Bowers' hands comes to mind: That ball just zinged on a straight line between three TCU defenders and shot into Bowers' hands like a heat-seeking missile.

Maybe, he doesn't air it out as easily as CJ Stroud but he's been very accurate on a lot of long passes over the last two years.

His biggest problem, it seems to me, is inconsistency -- particularly on possessions that don't really matter.