Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jalen Carter, Kelee Ringo make NFL draft intentions known following National Championship win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageJalen Carter, Kelee Ringo make NFL draft intentions known following National Championship win

LOS ANGELES — Two of the key members of the Georgia football team will be heading to the NFL, as defensive tackle Jalen Carter and defensive back Kelee Ringo both made it known their time at Georgia were at an end.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

Why is his statement flagged for potentially sensitive content?

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

Might offend someone thanking God I guess. Cannot offend anybody by saying what you think anymore. So who knows.

That being said, Connor seems very confident Ringo is leaving so he must know more because that statement was ANYTHING but close to definitive. So I hope it turns out to not be. Probably is though. Not many, but some, 1st rounders stay. Except Dawgs! But why could he not have his way? His mom? Wants that degree first? I guess Connor knows better.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wouldn't surprise me if Blaylock and Rosemey-Jacksaint enter the portal. Not that they won't compete if they stay, but get a last chance to really impress with some numbers to take into draft. The WR room will be tremendous next year.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bear Alexander had TWO SACKS, BABY!!!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

The TP is now a way of life in CFB. I have also been thinking about roster management and who might leave. Some will have to to allow UGA to add the 28 new commitments.

I think you will see defections from the WR, DB and OL groups. And probably a few others. 10 announcing this week wouldn't surprise me.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have to give TCU alot of credit for getting as far as they did. I believe they had 3 of their top 4 players transfer out this time last year. THe coach wasn't smart enough to see that Duggan was the better QB, sort of sounds familiar, but not quite as much as SB situation. Duggan was the starter the year before Sonny came in and had performed well. . LOL! I did hear their coach say that they had gotten a boost in transfer players looking at their program. Said they had 6 kids at their campus looking and talking tothem last week.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

From Jalen's words in his announcement, I hope Todd McShay rethinks his position on character assassinations.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Any player using the TP is simply chasing personal stats...those players can never be DGD's as hey totally miss the primary lesson Kirby has instilled in The Georgia Culture. I much rather have a player with average stats that came through the Georgia system, competed against SEC opponents, and contributed to a TEAM success rather than some hotdog on a team in a lesser conference with world beater personal stats.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"rather than some hotdog on a team in a lesser conference with world beater personal stats."

Not every kid that who transfers in is a hotdog and I know you didn't mean it that way and I get and agree with the gist of what you're saying. BUt I think that any kid transferring into our program won't be a hot dog or else CKS won't take them. He's already said that they would be kids they were familiar with and had recruited or and the right attitude.

THe 2nd thing is CKS has established a well known system by now that everyday is a competition and nothing is handed to anyone. You have to earn it. If I was a "hotdog" just looking for better and easier numbers, I sure wouldn't transfer to UGA. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@reddawg1 Sorry but @DJG76 doesn't deserve such considerations. He is just another guy still mad over guys like Justin Fields and Jermaine Burton choosing NFL money over UGA victories. The guys whose scholarships that Smart doesn't renew because they are upperclassmen who are never going to contribute, and they wind up "entering the portal" as a result? No one likes to talk about that, now do they?

Not singling Smart out because everybody does it. It only becomes an issue when the players or their parents complain, which they aren't going to do because their doing so makes it much less likely that other schools - who again do the same things themselves - will offer them a scholarship. But yes, the kids who enter the portal, don't get an offer from another school and don't return to their original school? That is what has happened. Their original school didn't want them anymore, didn't renew their scholarship and no other school in the portal offered them a scholarship either. Sometimes it is due to injury, grades, attitudes or off-the-field stuff but usually it is because the schools decide that the player isn't going to help them.

Guys who trash players for not being loyal are perfectly fine ignoring a system that shows them absolutely no loyalty back. Like when a position coach or coordinator recruits a kid to a school knowing full well that he is leaving for another school next season, the kid is locked into is letter of intent and can't leave, and the new position coach comes in and either doesn't think that the kid fits what he wants to do at the position or just flat out doesn't like him because his personality is entirely different from the previous position coach. Of course that kid is going to hit the portal in a year or two to try to rescue something out of his college career. Happens all the time. And when it does, guys like @DJG76 who love their breakfast kielbasa omelettes but can't stomach how the sausage actually gets made and the eggs that get broken, are the first to all them "selfish", "hotdogs" and "not team players."

Joe Flacco was second string at Pitt. He transferred to an FCS school, and went on to be a #1 draft pick and lead the Baltimore Ravens to a Super Bowl victory. Has Hall of Fame numbers - and was one of the rare guys to actually have a winning playoff record against Tom Brady - but likely won't make it because for whatever reason the media had it out for him. The guy that Flacco backed up at Pitt? Tyler Palko. Never heard of him? Exactly. According to people like @DJG76 Flacco was a hotdog that should have turned down a 15 year NFL career and the generational wealth that came with it to be loyal to Pitt. Never mind that were Flacco his own kid, he would have advised him to leave Pitt too.