Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia embraces three-peat challenge: ‘We might be better than we were this year’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,530 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia embraces three-peat challenge: ‘We might be better than we were this year’

INGLEWOOD, Calif. — Georgia players took in a well-deserved celebration Monday night, their 65-7 win over TCU one of historic and undeniable proportion.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BASDawgBASDawg Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

Have you looked at next year's schedule? Tennessee and Ole Miss are the only two that could possible give us any competition.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m sure not gonna say they Can’t !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia has been the clear-cut best program over the last two years and is well positioned to continue that going into next season. The odds for a three-peat are high but Kirby has his program well positioned to make that a real possibility.

I can't wait to see what happens next. GO43N23.

• Options
    edited January 2023

Lol not that I really care but down voted for NOT saying the Dawgs Can’t Threepeat ?? Lol which decoded if it needs to be. means I absolutely Believe they Can !! I guess the trolls will be out in force now Lol !! Let Em come, it won’t take away that our Dawgs are Back2Back National Champs !! And Could be a Triple Crown Winner coming up !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Roster shaping will have an impact on whether there's a 3peat or not. Who goes pro early, who hits the TP. There's a lesson to be learned by the '22 Amarius Mims situation. Became a key cog for the most important games of the year by following the plan.

Also the QB position will have a huge impact. Football is a QB dominated sport. Especially CFB. CBeck has had 3 yrs in the Monken system. That has to be a huge advantage. We saw how much SBIV improved with all he additional practice and experience received as a 3 yr starter. On one hand Beck should have great understanding of the offense. On the other hand Beck is not the runner that BVG is. SBIV's mobility played a big role in his success in his career and in the '22 CFBCG.

QB will be a tough call.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“To be clear, Georgia will be missing some key players from the 2022 team very soon, with projected first-round picks Jalen Carter and Kelee Ringo already declaring their intentions to turn professional, and fellow projected top picks Broderick Jones and Darnell Washington expected to follow suit.”

You left out Bennett. Not surprised, given your obvious bias, but many of us are just over it. Be better, Mike. 😐

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe someone hit the wrong button.

• Options

PLEASE Forgive my off topic here. But just wanted to do a little reminiscing. Remember how in ancient times each year GT was actually considered a challenge ? Remember how in the past we wondered if we’d ever beat UF and TN in the Same year ? Now those times are waaay back in the rear view mirror. Then there were the Auburn years where it was sort of a maybe we will maybe we won’t type thing. Just history now. Then along came Bama and after that first win they quickly Seemed to be invulnerable. I stress Seemed. Now we Know they Can be beat. And now here we are. Back2Back National Champions !! Not gonna lie about it, I got pretty emotional when it started to sink in last night. I couldn’t go to sleep I was so amped up !! I finally fell asleep some where around 3AM with dreams of our Dawgs scoring TDs and sacking the opposing QB dancing in my head. In some ways it still seems surreal. But it’s REAL !! The Dawgs I Love, The Dawgs You Love, are Back2Back Ntl. Champs !! And with yet Another layer of icing on the cake we as Dawgs fans have all the reason in the world to Believe ( I used that word Allot this year) that they will be the First team in college football to Threepeat !! And be the Triple Crown Dawgs !! To our rivals, Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid, cause our Dawgs are coming to put the Bite on YOU !! Go You Hairy Dawgs !!

• Options

@E_Roc It’s really no big deal Lol. I just couldn’t understand Why a Dawgs fan would do that. I’m not gonna down vote anybody today unless they go waaay out there to bash our Dawgs. Today should be a day of Celebration and Unity !! I wish You and your family and All our fellow Dawgs fans and their families a Great and Safe New Year !! What a wonderful way to start it off !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

I Love how Kirby continues to stress the need for a player to “fit the program” !! I think it’s pretty easy to see he’s talking about certain character traits and work ethics he’s looking for. We’ve all seen times where there were very talented players available and Kirby and staff didn’t go after them. We’ve asked those questions right here on this site in the past. Why didn’t Kirby offer so and so a scholly ? Ot why didn’t Kirby go after so and so in the transfer portal ? Now the answer is abundantly clear, no matter how talented, if they don’t appear to have the work ethic he’s looking for their not coming to UGA. That ideology has been a huge part of the many working parts to the Dawg’s success. We’ve heard the players say numerous times that they Practice as hard or harder than a real game !! Some guys no matter how talented cant cut that grueling type of work ethic. Usually they hit the door to go to an easier going program. While by doing that they Might have some success at the college level, it will probably come back to hurt them at the NFL level.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGADad20: "....On the other hand Beck is not the runner that BVG is. SBIV's mobility played a big role in his success in his career and in the '22 CFBCG. QB will be a tough call."

Was about to address the QB situation and you did. Stets could have been a RB. Gifted. Carson Beck is an arm talent. I feel he will be okay if UGA fields the supporting offensive line cast many feel they will. He can pocket pass all day long. Very good. He can move around back field but not turn it on up field for running TDs like Stetson. Gunner Stockton can run. So can Brock Vandagriff. It will be interesting ro see how this shakes out come April. All three possess tremendous arm talent. Good place to be for UGA.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

People must forget after the National Championship loss to Alabama, that Kirby said Georgia was not going anywhere. That is sticking to your word. Great job coach!!! Let's do it again.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With our schedule next season, there is absolutely no reason that we shouldn't be AT LEAST back in the playoffs. We've got great talent and experience coming back - add in RB Branson Robinson and Big Bear too, both who impressed the heck out of me last night. The most intriguing aspect of next season will be who starts at QB, who is the #2, and how tight of a race is it between #1 & #2.

By the way, Monken is a god. Hope to heck we can keep him for another few years at least. And the Muschamp & Schumann show continues to work well on defense.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

John Robert Wooden (October 14, 1910 – June 4, 2010) was an American basketball coach and player. Nicknamed the Wizard of Westwood, he won ten National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) national championships in a 12-year period as head coach for the UCLA Bruins, including a record seven in a row.

If it could be done in basketball why not football. UGA and Kirby smart might have the formula. Go Dawgs.

• Options
    Jschool76Jschool76 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman