Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Bowers unsurprisingly at his best in national championship win: ‘His future is limitless’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageBrock Bowers unsurprisingly at his best in national championship win: ‘His future is limitless’

LOS ANGELES — As brilliantly as Stetson Bennett played on Monday night, there was a possibility Brock Bowers could’ve snatched the offensive MVP award in Georgia’s 65-7 win.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One day BB will be in the UGA ring of honor and a College Football HOF, and perhaps an NFL Hall of Famer if he can stay healthy. He's that good. SB is the greatest DAWG by virtue of his position and by what he has accomplised in leading the team to 2 NC's , but BB is just one of the best Dawgs I've seen since I have been watching them for 50+ years. And I've seen some good ones.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

Brock Bowers is right on the edge of being the Herschel Walker of the TE position AND the Herschel Walker of all-time greatest player, loved and worshipped by multiple generations of Dawg fans, that has ever stepped foot on a football field in Athens, Georgia.

Heck, even now I hear people at the barber shop and at restaurants or pubs that I chat with who are fans of other teams speak about #19 and are amazed and openly speak about how great of a playmaker and athlete he is.

And when I think about that, having been a Dawg fan that was under 8 when Herschel played in Athens as a true freshman, and all the times I have boasted and backed up in discussions/arguments/debates about the greatest RB or player to ever play in the SEC, I really think Brock Bowers is almost there IMO. Now some would likely say he’s already there because of the 2 natty’s that he started in and contributed greatly to, but that single point on its own is silly and I would shred it if someone used it on its own to make their point.

Herschel was the greatest Dawg ever because he transcended the sport, the position, and the team, and single handily carried the entire team to a Natty. He was 82% of the offense back then and you aren’t going to convince me that because of changes to the game and all that “modern” stuff is so much different now that it would make a difference in today’s game. It’s not like they were playing in leather helmets with no face masks.

However, if Brock Bowers continues his level of excellence both on and off the field and doesn’t sustain a major injury during his Junior season, I think he could be considered by many to be the greatest BullDawg to EVER play for Georgia RIGHT ALONGSIDE the GREAT Herschel Walker.

I definitely would have him at 1A alongside #34.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

The thing to love most about Bowers, and the rest of this team, there is no "I". These players truly play for each other and it's absolutely awesome to watch. Someone having a bad day, his teammate picks him up, dusts him off, "get back out there", and business resumes as it needs to.

Loved watching the blocking in this game. Zero selfish players. Especially Darnell blocking for Brock, doing his best Michael Oher impression, lol.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There is no greater indication of how meaningless the Heisman Trophy voting is than how Bowers has not been mentioned as a leading candidate.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm so happy that we get at least one more year of this dude. Nothing else to say, really.

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

These guys have been stellar. Stetson Bennett has probably been one of the most productive and accurate passers we have had. As a game manager he has been better than Matthew Stafford or Jake Fromm. He has the intangibles. Legs and arms in one package. But he has also had some excellent receivers catching the passes. They have made some incredible catches. Bowers' catches and runs are very impressive. From the get go this kid has been a tremendous asset. He is fun to watch.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It doesn’t matter if he’s covered. It doesn’t matter if they know he’s going to get the ball. It doesn’t matter if they “have the angle on him” as he’s running up the sideline. It doesn’t matter if they have some fancy move to try to elude his block. None of that matters when it comes to Brock Bowers being the difference-maker that they don’t have an answer for. Whatever they think they have, it just doesn’t matter!

GO DAWGS!