Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former 5-star recruit Deyon Bouie reportedly transferring to UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,420 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageFormer 5-star recruit Deyon Bouie reportedly transferring to UGA

Georgia landed a commitment from transfer defensive back Smoke Bouie.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow, great news! Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    okcdawgokcdawg Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It may take the spring to clean the aTm off of him (🤣🤣) but he’s a Georgia kid, and looked good on the field in the games I caught.

• Options
    okcdawgokcdawg Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

One of the Texas A&M players suspended early in the season for violation of team rules. Hopefully he can mature in a new setting.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is Singletary in the transfer portal or not? Just asking.

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the "G"! Welcome to the back-to-back National Champions. Get ready to thrive, become elite to be ready for the next level. Go Dawgz sic'em.😎

• Options
    CrushmoreCrushmore Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

You mention Jaheim Singletary as returning next season. I thought he had already announced that he was entering the transfer portal.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The bulldogs are not bringing back Jaheim Singletary.

That is incorrect.

He announced over 6 hours ago on social media that he was entering the portal.

He is a gonner.

Next DAWG up!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We all make mistakes Bouie. You saw the light...welcome back.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome home, Smoke. This likely explains Singletary's decision. And honestly, I suspect that some of the other guys listed in this article as returning will hit the portal after Spring practice once they know what the likely pecking order will be in the fall. I'm sure Kirby would like to keep them all, but I see little chance of that happening. Anyway, Go Dawgs!

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome home to the Dawgs! The experience he had this year should help with depth and a good competition.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It looks like Tykee must be returning for his 5th year according to this article. I’d love to see him remain healthy and get back to his (2 time) All American form and level of play. Unfortunately, injuries have slowed him down, but another year of recovery may help him perform like he did in 2019 and 2020 at West Virginia. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome home Smoke!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Although Bouie seems like just the kind of guy we need to bolster our experience at safety now that Chris Smith is going.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome home now as a Dawg !! Best wishes !!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

All we know is that he's in the portal. As far as I know he hasn't announced that he's leaving yet. That may be the most likely outcome, but I'll hold out hope until it's official.

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Being in the Portal and having signed elsewhere are two different things. While the odds of Singletary staying are low, Amarius Mims was once in the portal as well. It's simply saying the player is open to offers, not that they are sure to leave. Singletary may not get what he is looking for and come back. Unlikely, but until he actually signs, he can still take his name out.