Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Top Florida signee Jaden Rashada reportedly asks for release from school

2»

Comments

• BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 185 ✭✭✭ Junior

NIL will absolutely kill college football and turn it into a NFL farm system. The compensation for playing college football should remain getting to go to to college for free with free room, board, books, tutors, etc. NIL contracts should not allow the player to use the school logos etc.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • 99nout99nout Posts: 233 ✭✭✭ Junior

13 million for an unproven 18 year old is ludicrous and whomever is financially backing those deals is a moron - even if they are so wealthy they can burn money.

NIL should go into a pool for each team and be distributed in some way. Maybe the person whose NIL they are using gets 25%-50% of each deal and the rest gets distributed to their teammates. Maybe starters get a bit more, or their is a base rate and you get a bit more for every down you play.

If I were a QB getting NIL, you know I'd be figuring out a way to financially support my OL!

• NCMtnDawgNCMtnDawg Posts: 61 ✭✭✭ Junior

As the song goes..."Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers"

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida can't even buy players now 😂

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He wants 13 million.🤣🤣🤣🤣 Joe burrow, Heisman winner, national champion, super bowl runner up, doesn't even make 13 mill in a season. These children and this NIL. They better bank now. Because if we're heading to an NFL farm system, that high pay is gonna disappear, just ask the MiLB. This whole system is a joke. All because of some loser from UCLA that couldn't handle the NBA. Not the ncaas fault you don't have the talent.

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

Actually there is a fair bit Congress can do, and I expect they may get involved in the near future.

First, they can grant the NCAA a limited anti-trust exemption which would allow them to enforce actions against unlimited transfers and NIL.

Second, they can implement Federal standards on NIL which would standardize the patchwork of statewide rules that are often in conflict with each other.

Finally, they can codify the relationship between student athletes and Universities so that they are not considered employees.

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Couldn't happen to a better team! Can't wait for the dawgs to play those lousy stinkin' gators next season. GO DAWGS!

• 99nout99nout Posts: 233 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA needs to stay far away from this kid.