Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN names 4 Georgia football standouts to ‘Way-Too-Early’ 2023 All-American Team

SystemSystem Posts: 10,530 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageESPN names 4 Georgia football standouts to ‘Way-Too-Early’ 2023 All-American Team

Georgia coach Kirby Smart already knew his 2023 team was going to bring back more talent than his 2022 team did. Many key faces will return for Georgia next season, meaning the Bulldogs will have to face a different sort of challenge in their quest to win another national championship.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great time to be a Dawg.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great to see four UGAers chosen for this early elite All-American team. My hope is Sedrick Van Pran moves higher up the League tote with another stellar year at UGA under his belt?

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While he isn't on ESPN's radar to be an All-American (understandable, given his 2022 stats), I look for Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint to have a monster year in 2023. He's big, fast, and physical with incredible catching skills and he's a very effective blocker. He's everything we are looking for in a WR, and I am looking forward to seeing him in action again. I realize the opportunities for receptions are spread thin in the Dawgs Offense, but I still believe he will be a standout offensive weapon that's responsible for a lot of sleepless nights for the Defensive Coordinators of UGA's opponents.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A couple of other Georgia guys ought at least to be in the running: Smael Mondon, Sedrick Van Pran and maybe Amarius Mims.

Actually, our two guards (really three including Willock) played great last year. But they're probably too far under the radar to be considered, no matter how well they play.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

So where's the love for Ladd McConkey. I was hoping that AD would have remained a DAWG but Ladd handled the lion share of duties in a manner worthy of consideration.....IMO. But it is ESPN after all....they would realize they were playing in the middle of 285 during rush hour unless a Mack truck hit them.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Lol...how do you leave Warren McClendon off the list of offensive linemen moving on to the NFL and requiring a replacement? Only on Dawg Nation where proofreaders go to party. Lol

BTW...Go Jags!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ain't it grand to be a Dawg fan in this Golden Age!

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Run_Lindsey_RunRun_Lindsey_Run Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

@GBAL - Always exciting but Kirby Smart has brought the X factor to Athens in a big way. Though only a freshman (to be a sophomore), I REALLY LIKE BEAR ALEXANDER. He is a mountain of a man and looks to be a terror going forward. Opponents may have to double team him which will open the edge rush/blitz to sack/hurry the QB. The GA "D" loves those hurries and knows how to convert them into turnovers. Cannot wait until fall!! GO DAWGS

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's very likely that the Dawgs will have a defense "as good or better", than 2021's and an offense "as good or better", than 2022's...in 2023.

The biggest question would be...do they have the same heart and "will to win"? I don't think that's going away, as long as Smart's in town. It appears that dormant gene trait has emerged once again.

Erk Russell would be licking his lips over next year's defensive roster. Lol

My Gawd...I pity the fools that have to play UGA next year...and the next. Lol

• Options
    Run_Lindsey_RunRun_Lindsey_Run Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

God broke the mold when He made Erk. One of a kind and his players would literally run through a wall for him. I still remember Erk head butting a player or players with helmets with his beautiful bald head!! GO DAWGS

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31668460/the-history-coaches-head-butting-helmeted-players

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA may be favored for a few years to be the national champion. Kirby is young as head coaches go and the energy he brings to the job is without equal. If he can keep the quality of the coordinators and other coaches where it is UGA may set records no one will break. The recruiting will always be the lynch pin and nobody out recruits the Dawgs.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sedrick Van Pran should be added to that list. He will be the heart of the offense next year. He is an All American if there ever was one.