Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia releases official statements as more details emerge on RaRa Thomas following arrest

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia releases official statements as more details emerge on RaRa Thomas following arrest

More details have emerged following the Monday morning arrest of wide receiver RaRa Thomas.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, if this proves true then I think Ra Ra is outta here...we all know Kirby won't give him a pass for something like this...nor should he. Thomas would also probably cause some tension and such with the players. Just not worth it.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is it too much to ask or expect a young man who is afforded a free education, room and board, medical care, and the opportunity to earn thousands via NIL to conduct himself in a civil manner. To represent the University of Georgia at the highest level. and in return all that is required is for said young man to use his natural talents to play a game. Mr. Thomas is now suspended. He is no longer a BullDawg. I hope he secures the best legal representation and justice is done. If the facts reveal that he is innocent and has been falsely accused, he most certainly should be invited back to the TEAM.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Well said. And logical.

One thing I would add, about the "imprisonment thing"...if you are standing outside my apartment building...and I choose not to leave, because I don't want to risk a confrontation...are you guilty of kidnapping or imprisoning me??? Or, am I guilty of an overactive imagination and cowardice???

Did "you" imprison "me"??? Or, did "I" imprison "myself"???

Oh yeah...and why exactly did she HAVE to leave her apartment, at 4am? Seems to me, She would've had to try and leave...in order to be prevented from leaving.

Interesting, how that charge can even be made, in a public venue. Hell...it could happen at the mall, a bar, church...virtually anywhere. You stand outside while I cower in the inside...and YOU are guilty of kidnapping??? Doesn't make sense, to me. Lol

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

@Gibroni88....doesn't that SEC rule only apply to transfers with previous domestic abuse charges at their former school? Am I understanding the rule correctly? In this case, Thomas had already transferred and was in Athens. I don't know of any prior charges at Mississippi State, in which case, I would think Kirby would, in fact, have the final say on his status.

" SEC schools passed a rule barring the signing of any athlete disciplined for serious misconduct at another college stop. The new rule defines a serious offense as "sexual assault, domestic violence or other forms of sexual violence."

Personally, I'm more concerned about the physical injuries and abuse than him blocking a door.

• Options
    CottledawgCottledawg Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Bye Bye Ra Ra. We don’t need this crap on our team.

• Options
    EugeneMcNeaseEugeneMcNease Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

How come, why would any UGA football player choose to transfer to another School?! Especially to another SEC school?!!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's natural to speculate just so one can wrap one's mind around the situation, but we really don't know what happened. So I'm gonna strife to withhold any judgment.

That said, at this stage, it doesn't reflect well on him, and by a very tenuous extension on the university. I say "tenuous" because Thomas really hasn't been in the Georgia program, so he hasn't had the benefit of Kirby's leadership.

Out of 100 or so young athletes around 20 years old, there are bound to be a couple that make very poor decisions -- and unfortunately particularly related to physicality. I've said before, however, and I'll say again Smart and his staff have done an admirable job of steering most of these young men away from such mistakes.

For the university, the very different and terrible accident of a couple of weeks ago is a more serious matter -- not because of anyone's intent, but because of the involvement of two employees in what may have been a football program rental.

Whatever the outcome of both these situations, I trust that Kirby Smart will handle them in the very best way possible.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

" allegedly caused bodily harm to the bicep and shins of a female. She had abrasions on her shin and a bruise on her bicep, which led to the misdemeanor battery charge Thomas is facing.

As for the felony false imprisonment charge, Thomas allegedly stood in front of the woman’s dorm room and refused to allow her to leave."

This sounds more like an argument between immature kids than anything serious. It's not as if he punched her or choked her.

I'm not saying Thomas didn't do wrong, but I think many are too quick to judge this kid (kick him out) on one he-said-she-said incident.

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,292 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Felonies charges dropped.