Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Javon Bullard, Smoke Bouie and how Georgia football can go about replacing All-American Chris Smith

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageJavon Bullard, Smoke Bouie and how Georgia football can go about replacing All-American Chris Smith

ATHENS — It’s easy to see the respect Chris Smith earned from his fellow teammates after he played his final college football game for Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They've got freshmen. Someone will step up

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Does anyone know why Smoke Bouie didn’t play for Texas A&M this past season? I know he was a freshman, but I thought he’d see significant playing time….even as a back-up. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Who's worried? Lol

I never heard of Lewis Cine before he stepped up...Chris Smith, either. UGA's got several guys ready, able and willing to step in without a drop-off...just like they always have.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He actually played a pretty good bit out there. He was one of the players that were suspended for 1-game for undisclosed issues. I believe there were about 4 or 5 players. He played in 7 games and they were looking to him to be a starter next season. He is a good DB and should be a solid addition for the DAWGS. Go DAWGS

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How about do some investigative journalism and find out if Bullard had to have surgery on his shoulder from the injury he took in the Championship game???

🤔

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Barely a mention of Tykee Smith by CR. Former 2nd team AA known for his physical play and pass D in a passing conference. In November he will be 2 years removed from his ACL surgery. It takes 2 years to be fully recovered from ACL reconstruction. See TGurley and NChubb. I can confirm from personal experience.

A fully recovered and properly conditioned Tykee Smith should be a lock to start at the STAR IF Bullard moves to FS as expected. Dan Jackson and DD-Sisavanh are good rotational depth players. Deyon Bouie was listed at 167 lb eight months ago coming out of HS. Not sure he is ready to be mentioned in the same breath as Bullard and TSmith.