Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

More details emerge regarding incident that led to arrest of Georgia receiver RaRa Thomas

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageMore details emerge regarding incident that led to arrest of Georgia receiver RaRa Thomas

Georgia wide receiver RaRa Thomas was arrested early Monday morning on one misdemeanor count of family battery and one felony count of false imprisonment. The University of Georgia Police Department has since released more details on what led to the arrest in an incident report.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023
  • VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You ain’t gotta leave mad, but you do gotta leave.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a little confusing because the “victim” told the police, “the issue had been resolved”. That almost sounds like she didn’t want to press charges until convinced to do so. Hopefully things will work out for all concerned parties.

• rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

No, regardless of her statement to the effect of it being resolved, the police have to perform some level of investigation on a call like that and make sure she is not being coerced into saying that.

• Run_Lindsey_RunRun_Lindsey_Run Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

The last thing the team needs is further distraction. If Thomas cannot conduct himself in a responsible manner, Smart should call him in and say, "sorry it did not work out. Try the next window in the transfer portal." I'm all for due process but Thomas has to know what he did is/was not right. Some players with all the talent in the world and a world of opportunity in front of them find a way to screw the pooch. Sorry UGA. Go Dawgs,

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

O, beware my lord of jealousy. It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on.

RaRa’s jealous behavior towards his girlfriend shows that he has a lack of self confidence and self control. I am not sure he is UGA material.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Correct @rxmaster. A friend of mine here in Texas had a niece who was being abused by her husband a few years ago. She managed to call 911 in the midst of it, but when the cops arrived at their home, the husband told them that everything was fine and they didn't need the police. The officers left without ever talking or seeing my friend's niece. Less than an hour later, her husband shot and killed her, then killed himself. In large part because of that case, Texas now has a law that requires police to see and speak with both parties on any domestic violence call.

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It looks like Ra Ra needs to grow up. I wonder if the coaching staff is beginning to wonder if they've made a mistake.

• CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 326 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Byebye Rara.

That kind of behavior shows a lack of maturity and can destroy a locker room. UGA doesn't need that type of distraction as they try to threepeat.