Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Two-time national champ Kenny McIntosh ready to compete amid deep Senior Bowl RB room

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageTwo-time national champ Kenny McIntosh ready to compete amid deep Senior Bowl RB room

ATHENS — Georgia tailback Kenny McIntosh might not seem like he has anything left to prove as a two-time national champion and the Bulldogs yards-from-scrimmage leader.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

"The media has been hard on McIntosh when it comes to recognition, however, as he did not earn All-SEC honors or make any postseason award lists as a finalist or even semifinalist."

Leaving out that this is because McIntosh was #12 in the SEC in rushing yards, and this was with playing 2 more games than Quinshon Judkins, Raheim Sanders and the other guys in front of him. Also, even if you use combined rushing and passing yards, it doesn't wash. Both guys had more rushing yards alone (1560 and 1440) than McIntosh had combined. Nationally it gets even more ridiculous as there were 17 guys with more rushing yards alone than McIntosh had total. Even if you limit it to the P5 teams - and you necessarily shouldn't - you get 9 guys.

Yes, NFL scouts will judge the players for themselves ... and draft guys who actually had more than 55 rushing yards per game in the first two rounds like they always have and always will. Even James Cook only went at the bottom of the 2nd round because he is the brother of Dalvin Cook. And if given another shot at the draft, Buffalo would have taken the Gators' Damieon Pierce, who actually carried the ball a lot at Florida and would have had 1000 yards rushing for the Texans if he hadn't suffered a season ending injury in week 14 (and also if he didn't play for the wretched Texans) over Cook, who didn't do squat for the Bills last week when they badly needed someone actually skilled at carrying the football (5 rushes for 13 yards). Oh yeah, Cook and didn't catch a single pass as a either because the Bengals had that well defended, as playoff caliber NFL defenses now only draft LBs if they can cover like TEs and RBs like safeties. No one is going to defend RBs out of the backfield that aren't also big threats carrying the football.

As I have mentioned numerous times, the offense that UGA ran to suit SB IV the past 2 years harms stats for RBs and WRs, which negatively impacts their draft status. Top 100 guys at those positions are generally going to avoid UGA as a result. The 2 titles under SB IV were outstanding. They put UGA on the top of college football with a historic run that exceeds everyone since the Nebraska 1990s teams (which went 2 years without losing a football game, went undefeated in 3 out of 4 seasons, and was a shanked field goal from doing so in 4 out of 5). UGA going back to a more traditional offense under Beck or Vandagriff will help UGA recruit the elite RB and WR talent - the sort of players that they are now getting at TE - to maintain the run.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kenny McIntosh will be a great pro because of his speed and catching the ball out of the back. To follow up If he had the same opportunities running the football as the ones below he would have very good stats. He catches the ball much better than all the backs mentioned below. Go Dawgs

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go Kenny Go !! Show Em what you got, you DGD !!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes! This is what he will do ....!

He will take the opportunity and "run" with it.....😂

I crack myself up.....!!🤣

Go Dawgs! Four time National Champs!

• Options

Lol !! Yep, he will surely “ put his best foot forward” !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

And those RB's who avoid UGA and shoulder the majority of the load somewhere else will have a shorter NFL career also.. Percy Harvin and McIntosh are the only 2 RB's in recent history to have over 500 rushing yards AND over 500 receiving yards in a season, but McIntosh isn't an elite RB, according to you. I suppose you think Will Shipley at clemson is also a better RB than McIntosh... NO OTHER RB in the country can say they had over 500 rushing, and receiving yards this past season. Only McIntosh can claim that. NOT Rodriguez, Bijan Robinson, Sanders, Shipley OR Judson. They had to carry the ball more since they had no capable RB's behind them on the depth chart. Unlike UGA who had 4 in McIntosh, Edwards, Milton, and Branson Robinson to minimize wear and tear on the group. More carries like Judson or Rodriguez had, SHOULD equal more yards, if not, you're not an elite RB, plain and simple. Why leave out that important piece of information? Seems really odd you'd leave that out, considering you're such a HUGE UGA fan 🙄.. Maybe you should replace Mel Kiper since you seem to know eveything there is to know about football, and what NFL teams want, and need. You wouldn't last a month doing what he does. And you're always harping on how UGA only gets 2nd and 3rd tier WR's, now a new QB is on the horizon at UGA and they'll suddenly start signing elite WR's. Contradiction, after contradiction in your comments. I'm not at all suprised, considering..

• Options
    edited January 2023

Bravo !! You are spot on !! He alternates between taking shots at Dawgs fans or at Dawgs players in his comments. Oh he’ll throw in a few compliments to try to side track some, but in the vast majority of his comments he takes wicked shots at fans or players and sometimes both. And he tries to act like he knows Everything there is to know about college football and throw in the NFL. He never talks Across to other posters, always talking Down to them. And how about the way he just utterly bashed James Cook ?? Saying the ONLY reason that James went second round NFL was because of his brother’s success in the NFL !! That’s a pretty nasty insult. On top of his insults against Kenny Mac !! I think he gets a rise out of bashing our fanbase and players. But he’s sneaky ( or not so) in the way he goes about it. Guess he’ll be totally nauseated when the Dawgs win Another Natty this year !! 😀

• Options
    edited January 2023

He will at times, throw in a back handed compliment. You posted a perfect example of that, with James Cook. He says he's a good RB, but his brother is the reason he got drafted. Funny thing, that didn't work out too good for Cooper Manning with 2 brothers who played in the NFL. So the brother notion he has about Cook is almost as funny as some of his comments on here. James Cook made it on his own, not because his brother plays in the No Fun League. Why judge someone else by their brothers standards, as thadec does?Especially when your older brother can't stay healthy enough to complete a season. He judges Cook based on his injury prone brother, who had to shoulder the load carrying the ball. As I stated in my post.. The more you carry the ball, the greater your risk of injury becomes. Dalvin Cook is a prime example of what happens when you're the RB that gets the majority of touches. If Dalvin Cook had a capable back-up, his injury list would be a lot shorter.

• Options

Yep. Exactly. Your right. In another post he claimed that because of the type O that Coach Monken runs UGA will have a hard time getting quality WRs to come. Yet they just signed Three very good ones out of HS, and two more out of the TP. So his “theory” on that doesn’t hold water either. Either today I think or yesterday he claimed that UGA would have a hard time getting RBs to. UGA has Never had difficulty getting excellent RBs, and as long as they keep winning like they have I doubt they will have much problems getting quality WRs or RBs. I don’t know why he bothers to come here, he’s obviously not a true Dawgs fan. He seems to just want to over critique every facet of the program. And when he’s not doing that he try’s to come on like some sort of teacher or guru of football. I’ll be the first to confess there’s Tons that I Don’t know about football, and I’ve been a fan most of my near 66 years. I learn from you and other posters here. And I very much appreciate gaining that new knowledge. But I don’t think anyone likes to be talked Down to like he does. It’s a very **** form of arrogance and I don’t appreciate it and I don’t think many posters here do.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't see how McIntosh did not make any of the lists with what he has accomplished. I guess those who decide on who makes the all-American, First or Second Team, top offensive players, or any semifinalist do not do a good job with their evaluation of talent. Just like Michigan's offensive line over Georgia. One game against the same team tells it all with that one.

• Options
    edited January 2023

I agree, I'm not far behind you in years, born the same day Herschel was 3-3-62. I never stop learning, and like you, I'm knowledgeable when it comes to football. But, you, me, or ANYONE else doesn't know everything there is to know, about the game of football, and we never will. I as well as you, have learned a lot on here, from knowledgeable fans like you, and many more on here. For some reason thadec loves to dwell on the negative, not the positives. Hard to teach, or learn from someone who spews negativity in almost every comment. Hope you have a wonderful day in beautiful Rabun County, NavyDawg!

• Options

Oh Thank You !! God Bless You & Family !! Hope you have a Great weekend !!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate