Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Duce Robinson explains why he won’t sign on Wednesday, how much MLB draft factors into his future

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited February 2023 in Article commenting
imageDuce Robinson explains why he won’t sign on Wednesday, how much MLB draft factors into his future

Georgia’s biggest remaining target for the 2023 recruiting cycle will not be making a decision on Wednesday. Duce Robinson, the nation’s No. 1 tight end prospect for the 2023 recruiting class, said in an interview with ESPN that no decision regarding his college plans has been made.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ancelyancely Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

With Dodger and Pods tryout he may want to go souther cal. Especiall if one of them promises to draft him high enough to suit him and let him play football. He's not rated a high basball draft choice or he would already know. We will be fine if he goes somewhere else. I don't think he comes in the summer and gets above three in our tight end room if that.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hope for Dawgnation's sake this doesn't become another Arch Manning drama...

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get the feeling it comes down to who the UGA OC is. If it's Monken, he will pick Georgia. If it's someone else, it will depend on how he feels about that OC...

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

My feeling is he is going to be playing pro baseball.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

May just be as simple as wanting to see how the Monken interviews turnout? And if Monken does leave does how does he feel with the new direction and hiw he will be used?

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know he’s a great athlete and individual, but I hope he has silently committed to UGA, Texas or USC. Otherwise, all 3 programs must hold a scholarship just for him which is very selfish and is detrimental to the 2 programs who don’t win the lottery. Go Dawgs and good luck Duce!!

• Options
    Tom_BomadilTom_Bomadil Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

The kid said it. NIL is prevalent. He is going with the money. Let him go.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 920 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is no better baseball than the SEC...we are without question the football conference everybody else wants to emulate. I really get the feeling The Duce does not grasp how tough the competition will be at UGA, not to mention the commitment to work in learning our offense. He could letter in both at UGA but it will take a lot more than I see at this time. I would encourage Duce to seek out Deion and Bo to get a more realistic prognosis of his future goals.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I get it and understand it from a student standpoint but it is so sad that college recruiting should ever come down to "how much money can I make". I hate NIL and no, it isn't the death of college football but it is a death blow to loyalty.

But if I was a MLB prospect, that is where I am headed. Longer, safer career and a lot of money doing what I love.