Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Source: Georgia QB battle will run into fall drills, optimism growing Todd Monken stays

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited February 2023 in Article commenting
imageSource: Georgia QB battle will run into fall drills, optimism growing Todd Monken stays

MOBILE, Ala. — Todd Monken’s immediate future might not be settled quite yet, but there have been no hints the Georgia offensive coordinator plans to move on.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry-Told you I thought Monk was staying if Brady retired. Then the Washington OC turns down Saban to his face-This is a great time to be a part of the Bulldog family!!!!

• Options
    saldivensaldiven Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

I had mentioned earlier in the week that I didn't think either of the two interview spots (Baltimore and Tampa Bay) were really good situations to take over as OC. Tampa was a bad spot because Brady's retirement was predictable, and the only other QB on their roster is Kyle Trask, a player with 9 pass attempts as an NFL quarterback. Baltimore's QB situation is still up in the air with rumors of Jackson being traded to places like Atlanta, Minnesota, and Detroit. If it were me interviewing, I wouldn't be willing to accept the Baltimore position until they nailed down Jackson returning to the team for a new contract.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeh, I could see Monk wanting to put that feather in his cap, that he was the OC who worked with Brady , and led them to another(last) Spuer Bowl ring. You could tell your grand kids about that for sure. Brady retired from what I'm hearing because he knows they don't have the horses in the coming season. He wanted a commitment to the OL and the run game, and he threw more passes this past season than he did the season before.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No real reason(don't want anyone transferring) to announce a "starter" before fall practice gets done, unless someone just is so far ahead of the others, it's all but a foredrawn conclusion.

THe players know who the starting QB should be. Just like Chris Smith saying Gunner was, what did he say? "Special?"

Hum?

May the best DAWG win.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Vandergriff has a Kenny Stabler look going on while sporting that 'stache.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

MG, you almost wrote a piece without being critical of Stet..... but the criticisms were bedded in the ON THE BEAT video that was attached. To say that the Media supported Stet and your evidence is that they were responsible for voting him 4th in Heisman, is complete BS IMO. A QB who lead his team to 2 NC's, won 4 playoff MVP's along the way, set school records for pass yards, had the highest completion % among finalist,..... garners 6% of the possible Heisman votes? I don view that as any significant support myself.

That aside, the lack of support criticism by SB and the majority of the UGA fanbase, is not targeted so much at the national media; rather more at the home team media who is writing about him several times each week. Not ALL, but many. And the shoe should fit BTW. So don hide behind the entire national media when you say "Media Criticism is WRONG". Take it personal!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate