Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football three-peat talk ‘definitely legit,’ departing team captain Chris Smith reveals why

SystemSystem Posts: 10,444 admin
edited February 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football three-peat talk ‘definitely legit,’ departing team captain Chris Smith reveals why

MOBILE, Ala. — Georgia football departing team captain Chris Smith knows a secret, just like he did a year ago.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Super interview

• Options
    doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fan base divided? I don't think so. Silly.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, just MG getting another dig on a player he loathes. Absolutely no reason to bring up SB in this article, but MG has been doing this hit job for 3 years. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Any division is between media and fanbase.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We need to worry about winning the first game. Then, worry about game two once we're done with game one. And so on.

GO DAWGS!

ONE GAME AT A TIME!

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2023

How much does Dawgnation pay you to be on payroll as MG’s security.

You must struggle with reading comprehension… because most of us here understand what MG reports and WHY he reports it. What we struggle with is the slant he puts on things. He’s for 3 years straight slanted it negatively for Stetson Bennett, his coverage of Stetson had been at best, glass half full.

The vast amount of his journalism is 🗑. Period. And the fact you’re one of one or two ppl here who defends him Should say something to you.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 2023

Sometimes we take things to seriously! I firmly believe Mike and our writers are Dawgs, they have a responsibility to report to the fans. Some of you want to only here positive things, that's not realistic in our World. Enjoy the reads, but do not attack our post writers. If you want to be updated with what's going on read the article without a narrow mind. Now with that being said, I am so excited to be a Georgia fan and we are living through some of the best History, if not the best, in our football program's history. Go Dawgs! GATA

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

"MOBILE, Ala. — Georgia football departing team captain Chris Smith knows a secret, just like he did a year ago."

No offense to Mr. Smith (DGD), but I'm not sure it's much of a secret anymore. The whole world witnessed the depth of the UGA talent pool in January (even though most of them only watched the first half), while those who were unfortunate enough to have UGA on their schedule were able to experience it first hand throughout the season. The Oregon Ducks were definitely exposed to the talent depth, so it's no secret to them. Oregon's PAC 12 opponents who watched the game film in preparation for their matchup (pillow fight) were probably in culture shock from witnessing such a beatdown. As the Dawgs will be ranked #1 to start the 2023 season, the 2nd string Dawgs could probably be ranked in the top 10! LOL

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

People just don't like to hear what they can't except. Just one or two people divided on Stetson. Silly

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m curious…. So you think Mike should be able to report whatever/however he wants because that’s what journalist are paid to do; but his audience is not allowed to scrutinize or point out clear bias/subjectivity when we see it. Seems like a bit of a double standard.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some people just can't handle the truth.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 2023

@Ddavis0777, I respect your opinion, but I have one too. Please don't attack or say outlandish things about me or anyone else, it really makes you seem bitter, but I feel confident your a great fan. I am taking the high road sir, while I don't agree with your words, your entitled to your opinions just like anyone else. I think here is something we can agree on! Go Dawgs

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

You know what I appreciate? This site. I appreciate reading the good, the bad and the **** about Georgia football. I want to be informed, and I want the truth. I feel like we get all of that with the Dawgnation staff (BA, MG, Connor and Jeff). What I don't like? A particular slant that some of the readers have. There is a definite bias against MG and I am not sure why. Yes, I have tried to explain that he is a straight news reporter, but some on here want to say he has a vendetta against Stetson. Listen, until 2 years ago, there wasn't a whole lot good to say about Bennett as a QB. Then he hit his stride. I would think most of us are impressed at his growth as a QB and certainly the impact he has had on Georgia football. Mike has written about that pretty fairly I think. He has been critical of Bennett when needed and he has applauded him when needed. Some on here do not want anything negative said about a bulldog. I get that. But facts are facts. As said by UGA64, don't attack the writers just because you don't agree. Instead, layout your reasons and let the rest of us decide who we agree with. Personal attacks are not productive or needed.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

"Stetson Bennett’s recent off-field behavior has divided the fanbase"___Mike Griffith

@MikeGriffith

Don't you mean alleged off-field behavior? Do you have more information that confirms any of your speculations???

Personally...I'm giving the kid, the "benefit-of-the-doubt", until some of these assumptions are Confirmed. I think he's earned THAT, at the very least.

Last I heard, he was arrested for "Public Intoxication"...and, that is all. I don't know about law enforcement in your area...but, where I come from, just because you're arrested, doesn't mean you did something illegal...or, even wrong.

I'm not split...or undecided. I'm waiting for more INFORMATION....not, more SPECULATION. Thanks

If all or any of these allegations prove to be "False"...are you gonna run a front page story apologizing for Dawg Nation's leap to judgement?

If you do...how do you think it will help? Sounds like most people have their minds made up, regardless of the FACTS. The accusation always makes the news. The "acquittal"? Not so much.

People seem to make their minds up...Based solely on media speculation, these days. After the last 7 yrs or so...I can't understand how anybody watching or reading the news could possibly put that much stock in reporting. And, I'm not talking about, just the Bulldogs. Lol...you have to indulge in "the news" wearing a "BS Filter", these days.

I like your reporting...in general. But, when it comes to UGA's QBs...I put the filter on. Lmao

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike is the man. And you s.. well I cannot call you sir, because you are still a boy.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love Mike. He puts it out there, his neck on the line. And he has been ahead of, early on things and was right. Right is right. So if you do not like his writing, don't click on it. Then we all do not have to deal with your NEGATIVE energy and vibe while we are back-to-back national CHAMPS. Sheesh, give it a rest and enjoy now and tomorrow being national champs, while it lasts.

• Options
    WR_Dawgs_Fan88WR_Dawgs_Fan88 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think one of the biggest breakout stars will be Mykel Williams this season. My second biggest breakout star is Bear Alexander as he takes over Jalen Carter's role and provides this team with some excellent play from the interior. By default, I also have to say Carson Beck as UGA's other breakout star, but I think it will finally be his time to shine alongside Kendall Milton. If Milton can stay healthy, he could potentially show out as one of the top backs in the country.

I think the three biggest impact freshmen will be Damon Wilson at Edge, Jonel Aguero at Safety, and possibly Jamal Jarrett at Nose. I want to say AJ Harris at DB and Monroe Freeling at OT as well, but it is going to be very difficult for those young men to crack the rotation, and the same goes for Jordan "Big Baby" Hall.

My biggest question mark for the upcoming team is whether or not Jared Zirkel will be ready to take over for J-Pod in the kicking game and who will control the return game on kickoffs...?? If Zirkel struggles early on would Kirby be comfortable turning to true freshman, and 247's c/o 2023's #1 rated Kicker Peyton Woodring??

Either way it is going to be alot of fun to watch, see some of the younger up and coming talent like DL C.Miller get his shot to make some noise, see guys like Marvin Jones Jr. begin to get more meaningful reps, and then see guys get trusted in starting roles we've barely seen play much like an Earnest Greene at the Tackle position...Getting to watch studs like Malaki Starks and Mykel Williams grow after a year of tape and on the field, starting experience. These are AMAZING TIMES here at UGA, let's enjoy them and soak them all up while we can DawgNation!!