Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

New contract should leave little doubt about importance of Glenn Schumann to Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageNew contract should leave little doubt about importance of Glenn Schumann to Georgia football

A year ago, there was some mystery surrounding Georgia co-defensive coordinator Glenn Schumann.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2023

Hey DawgNation writers…Conner and Mike! What’s going on with these recruiting violations and about to be heavily investigated by the NCAA in the days and weeks? Been seeing a lot of chatter in other message boards and websites about it, this is the news we need to be updated on or are y’all not aware? Sounds like a coach was suspended for on/off field recruiting for 30 days and a couple of small lvl 3 violations. Other fan bases are rejoicing in our fall in the coming weeks, which I think it will be a slap in the wrist, but we need better reporting from you guys on actual important news and stories instead of talking about a jeopardy question about UGA 😂

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The raise is so well deserved, but GS's ever improving football acumen means that one day he will be lured away to become a HC. My firm belief is that just as soon as Nick Saban retires.....he'll never just step away but will be HC Emeritus, the Bama grad, Glenn Schumann will be the aire apparent and justly deserved! At that time the Georgia/Bama rivalry will be the hottest in college football.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Probably because there isn’t anything to it. Some idiot put out a tweet last week . Not even a reporter or anything. A few people picked up on it and repeated it. And there you go …

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I tried looking a banner herald, didn't find anything. I did see a few links on the interweb. One was from something called On the Hook or Off the Hook, that appears to be a U Tenn fan site. They were at pains to point out that they "aren't a fan site".. There was another from "Brobible". of which I am not familia. Brobible had a tweet from somebody named Jason MacIntyre, who is apparently a Fox guy reporting on sports gambling, NFL, NBA and college football. The tweet just sez something about "probably slap on the wrist" for 6 minor (level III?) violations that UGa reported. Two of the six were football. THe U Tenn site was pretty nebulous, wandered around between the drag racing, the high evel of "unexplained" transfers, related to Smart being a taskmaster and Smart's "win at any cost" Saban mentality. (Not direct quotes).

It would be good to get some credible info.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

Good job!!! If more people did this kind of personal investigation...our Country would be in a lot better shape. We wouldn't have unintelligent boobs running it.

You highlighted the very reason, ignorant people shouldn't get unfettered use of Social Media. Lmao.

I saw something about UGA, self-reporting some minor violations, a while back. In the report I read....most Collegiate Institutions, including BAMA, UF, UT, A&M and many others, self-report minor violations every year. It's no big deal.....so, there's That.

Now...the violations discovered by the NCAA involving Coach Pruitt and UT...that's another thing. They were guilty of LVL 1 violations and haven't received their punishment, yet...if memory serves.

Lol...interesting, that you would find a story like that, on a UT Fan website. Wonder why...Lol.