Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Latest Mel Kiper Jr. 2023 NFL Mock Draft has Georgia football with 4 first-round selections

SystemSystem Posts: 10,561 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageLatest Mel Kiper Jr. 2023 NFL Mock Draft has Georgia football with 4 first-round selections

The Georgia Bulldogs led all colleges last year with five players taken in the first round of the NFL draft. If Mel Kiper Jr.’s latest projections prove true for the 2023 NFL Draft, Georgia will once again have the most first-round picks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 332 ✭✭✭ Junior

Character counts

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is bad judgment and bad character the same thing?

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 497 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Washington is a great pick for any team. But might slide to early 2nd depending on picks ahead of him.

Ringo just doesn’t feel like a 1st round pick. He has all the measurable’s but guessing he will slide to late 2nd.

10 or 11 draftees is a great year!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

21-22 year old with alot of priviledge earned from being a 1% in a sport that is idolized among most Americans using poor judgment? WHo would have thunk it? Who of us that are older without being as priviledged(for lack of a better word,he certainly worked hard at his craft) , can say we never used poor judgment at that age even without having the same fame and fortune bestowed upon us or earned? Not me.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mel Kiper actually doing his job for once. Darnell Washington would be great for the Bengals, as they lost TE Hayden Hurst to free agency, and with that great receiving corps (plus RBs who can catch as Joe Mixon had 60 receptions) an all around TE makes more sense for them than does a next Travis Kelce type who won't do much when he isn't catching the ball.

Also, I had no idea that the Lions' DT situation was so bad, as Isaiah Buggs and Alim McNeil are both backups. So yeah if Jalen Carter is there they need to gake him. As for the Bears, hopefully they will take Broderick Jones over the Ohio State OT that Kiper projected for them. Pro style OTs like Jones do better than spread system OTs in the NFL. Maybe they should trade down a couple of spots and still get Jones?

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not if it's a one off, but if it's a pattern, possibly. Not saying it is a pattern necessarily with Carter but we don't have that much insight into anyone's behaviour - for example we didn't know about Carter's previous speeding infraction.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I had a dollar for every time I've driven faster than I should of, I'd have a lot more money.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No KBP, it's not....give an alpha male who grew up without much an NIL deal an a vehicle with an engine called "HellCat" and you just won the National Championship in college football after sending the last four years of your life sacrificing all to attain that lofty perch....Jalen Carter was and is a dedicated TEAM player who made a **** mistake...hopefully and I believe, one in which he will learn and grow from.