Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN projects another Georgia record-breaking NFL Draft class teed up with 3 Top 10 picks

SystemSystem Posts: 10,564 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageESPN projects another Georgia record-breaking NFL Draft class teed up with 3 Top 10 picks

ATHENS — Georgia football is on the verge of more NFL Draft history if ESPN’s latest mock draft proves accurate.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 332 ✭✭✭ Junior

Washington at 45?!? Ok…

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brvhrt thought the same thing

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ha ha no way Robert Beal goes undrafted. And SB IV goes in the 5th (and not to New Orleans). Chris Smith isn't going to drop from a potential 2nd round to the 5th round because of a "slow but not disqualifying" 40 time. The 6th is too low for Warren McClendon also. Almost as if this mock draft was done by a Gator or Vol fan. Or a bitter Bama one.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Came from Jordan Reid. Sparty alum. Just another talking head with zero credibility.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Christopher Smith goes earlier. Overall, these projections seem far too specific to have much, if any, merit. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

Lol...just another list. Nothing more. Designed to generate debate. You can use ESPN's "take" on College Football, for restroom fodder.

On "any given day"...you can open up their CFB Website. and there's a stock photo of Notre Dame, Penn St, USC, OSU, MICH, TENN, BAMA, etc.. I don't think they own stock photos of any other teams.

The only reason TENN is included, is because of 25 yr old Hendon Hooker. NOT, the guy that led UGA to 2 Natty's...Stetson Bennett. The only time you see his pic, is if there's a negative story out there, to chase. SMH

Those are the "ESPN Darlings"...and the teams and players they hype, every year. Add in one "Group of Five" team, that they get behind and politic for, throughout the season. Lol...pre...dict...able.

ESPN uses (and always has) it's bully pulpit to shape perception of their pet-teams and players, well before the start of the season. When one of their narratives doesn't pan out...they don't ask "why". They ignore it and move on to their next narrative. Lol...and, we're the fools being led by their incompetence.

In ESPN's world...everything SEC West & "BAMA/Saban", is overvalued (hyped), annually; however, if you are in the Eastern division of the SEC...you are undervalued by most of their so-called "experts"...which is how UGA snuck up and bit em on the ass, the last 2 years...on the field AND in the NFL Draft.

Lol...I don't see this year playing out much different than the last two. Go to ESPN's website and see for yourself. They've learned...NOTHING! I think the real question, is...Have we learned anything?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't see how SB last til the 6th round unless there's something mental that I don't know about or heard of. HAven't hear about how he did on the mental testing they do.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pffft...ESPN projections. Lol...right! Bennett's gonna go a lot higher and Richardson a lot lower...or, somebody's gonna take it in the shorts. I have to believe, GMs and HCs are smarter than that.

In all my years of following the College Football scene...I've NEVER seen a QB with Bennett's credentials treated so pedestrian. I have to think, maybe it's got a little something to do with his being a white kid from small town South Ga., with "The Forth" after his last name.

Tebow wasn't as good of a QB as Stetson and had more downside entering the draft (slow release, speed, etc.)...but, still got hyped to hell-and-back. Bennett''s at least as good as Baker Mayfield. We see that...and I believe most of the scouts see it.

There appears to be a smoke screen surrounding Bennett. The question is...who is responsible. IMO...it's Baltimore. They want Bennett. Correction....Monkin wants Bennett. SB is Monkin's finest work.

I think Monkin's has had this, the "hand-in-hand" move to Baltimore with Bennett, in mind since last year. The so-called strain between Bennett and Monkin, is completely overblown. Their the Lennon & McCartney of College Football. Lol

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

UGA players enter the NFL with the reputation as prepared, professional and ready to work hard.

I see JC, BJ, NS, KR and DWash all being drafted in the 1st 35-40 picks. KMcI, McC and CS could (should?) all go a rd earlier than MG's projection. CS is small for S by NFL standards and didn't run a fast 40 time. That makes him a later rd draft choice.

RBeal's 40 time (at his size) at the combine should get him drafted before the end of the 6th rd. A lot of potential for a 3-4 team at OLB.

The other FA's make sense but each could find their way into the 7th rd. KJax's knee is likely to make him a FA.

The big question is SBIV. He is a QB with success at the CFB level. The biggest question is about his arm. Arm health more than arm strength. Re-watched the MS St game the other day. That was the game SBIV injured his shoulder. After seeing SBIV work to loosen his shoulder the rest of the year and at the combine, smart NFL teams will be looking closely at the combine shoulder MRI. IF the shoulder is sound SBIV could go 4th rd. If not SBIV could go undrafted. It will be interesting to see if it is something or nothing.

BTW, watched RaRa Thomas closely in the MS St game. He had 1 catch. Dropped 2 passes including a TD right in his hands and generally looked like the 4th or 5th best MS St WR. Very limited 1 game sample but I would be surprised if he beat out MRJ. MRJ should be completely healed from the bad leg injury he had in '21. MRJ looks primed to make a performance leap.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No doubt highlight reels don't show the muffs, but the highlight reels I've seen of Ra-Ra's Td's show him repeatedly snatching 50/50 balls away from defenders, ala, A.D. Mitchell.

I mean there was that time that the turf monster tackled Kenny Mac. But I do have to admit I like receivers who don't drop wide-open passes.