Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

“Are you ready for some [Braves] baseball!?”

Comments

• philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Watching Ozzie at bats, it seems over half the pitches he swings at are balls and he is constantly in 1 ball 2 strike counts. He seems to swing at every low and inside pitch hoping to jerk it out.

Am I wrong?

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the players union might go 1-1-3. Even though the participating team is from 5th or 6th place, MLB will have to give them 1 home game even though the DON'T DESERVE IT! Some + benefit for winning the division, off time is not a benefit.

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Why have their pitchers looked so tough to hit? All of them. And ours not so much. Our big boys need to come through at the plate. It’s past time

• donniemdonniem Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think out pitching staff really wore down over the last month. Strider and Elder, especially, had never pitched so many innings in a season before. Too many call-ups and one game starts and back to Gwinnett to suit me. I hope Kyle Wright is back and fully healthy next year. Along with Fried and Uncle Charlie, that should give us a good staff. I think our staff is holding on for dear life in this series.

that makes sense. They’ve all looked a little off. If I were strider I’d throw nothing but Heaters now. They are tattooing his slider or off speed pitches

another slider home run off strider. Dam

• philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do or die time.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, they had an incredible year, but a huge disappointment……

• BumBum Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Braves still jogging to first base on elimination day. Tells you all you need to know. I may not invest as much time next year. You play a game for a living, at least play hard.

Can you guys imagine Kirby accepting 75% effort plays from the dawgs?

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate those Phillies, especially their obnoxious fans.

My new favorite teams: the Dbacks, Rangers and Astros. Shout out to the Astros manager and former Brave Dusty Baker. 74 years old and still getting it done as a MLB manager.

• BumBum Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t care about the playoff schedule, that’s out of a teams control. Of the things the Braves could control…like effort, mental approach, toughness etc they get an F. That’s why they lost the series.

Been a Braves fan a long time, and there might be a series the Braves performed worse in…but all things considered this is an all time flop for me.

Second year in a row….whew…glad I got the dawgs to cleanse the pallete

Last two years Kind of reminds of the 90s when we had maddux, glavine and smoltz etc and only won one World Series. They should’ve had several. I will say it again as I said last night. Bringing the heat in the playoffs is how you win. Strider was most effective last night with the fastball and got rocked with his off speed pitches. Still only gave up 3 runs. Elder got rocked the night before because he doesn’t bring the heat and his pitches were missing high and they were blasting them. Every pitcher the Phillies had brought the juice and we couldn’t hit it. Also we should’ve tried to score on the pass ball with bases loaded that was the crack we needed and if he gets out at least Acuna is leading off the next inning. But I think he scores and Mo could’ve changed then.