Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett arrest video: Georgia team captain tells Dallas police ‘reputation ruined’

2»

Comments

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

TCU is in Dallas-Fort Worth, isn't it?

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

Try to be a man and take your medicine Stetson. You need to grow up.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For a guy that has worked as hard as SBIV, for as long, to get to levels no one would have predicted or given him a rats chance...who are we...MG to criticize how the guy blows off the steam from all that stress? I'm thinking SBIV will take the Ravens to a SB!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...Sounds like Bennett was a lot more diplomatic than I would've been, under the same circumstances. Good boy!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

Lol...you ever walk out of your Condo room leaving the door ajar, to get ice (or whatever)...the AC comes on while you're out, s.u.c.k.i.n.g the door closed...and the door auto-locks as it accidently closes behind you...locking your keys, wallet, phone...everything, up inside? Everybody inside, is passed out and you are knocking and yelling, trying to wake somebody up to let you back in? Then some "helpful neighbor calls 911...cause that's just "what people do, nowadays".

This kind of crap, happens all the time. It's usually handled on the down-low, as it should be (unless it's habitual)...but, somehow...it leaked. Lol. THAT..."selective leaks to the media by law enforcement/DOJ to take down certain people"...also occurs, often and with prejudice, these days., So much for being "innocent til proven guilty". If you screw up...you'll be tried by Social Media using limited or NO evidence.

TMZ is as guilty of "sensationalistic journalism" as anybody. That's what "journalism" has come to, under this new generation of so-called Journalist. They live on "Clicks" or "likes". Saying something "nice" about anybody...doesn't pay the bills. When is the last time you saw a "Newspaper"? Lol

BTW...IMO... @MikeGriffith was right to submit this article. I guarantee you TMZ was not going to sit on this audio/video, or story...cause it is a "story". So, thanks MG, for exposing it on here...otherwise, I may not have known what was being circulated among the Tritter-heads.

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW:

My biggest question to the arresting officers, would be..."Did you try to help him back to his point of contact?"...

And, to Bennett..."What did you tell the police, to make them believe you needed protection?"...

And, to the Dallas Poilce Dept..."Do you arrest everybody on the streets of Dallas, that are apparently lost or homeless...for their own protection?".

Maybe they can get him for "Obstruction of Justice" or "Vagrancy". Lol...those are popular charges being used, these days...but, only on selected people...in certain areas of the Country.

@Dawgnation staff...."S.U.C.K.I.N.G", is censored??? Get your minds out of the gutter, get off the computer...and, buy a dictionary. Lol

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is much ado about nothing. It will be someone's click bait on twitter one day. I'm not defending his actions, but we all could have easily fallen in this trap at that age. Give him a break.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your comment is racist and totally uncalled for. Numerous, Numerous Dawgs fans of many different races fully stood by JC during his troubles and still do. I’m one of them. JC was wrong in what he did but he is paying the punishment as set down by the judge. That’s all anyone can ask from him. Don’t know why you chose to attack other Dawgs fans based on race, but it’s Wrong. And it’s one of the terrible things that keep this country so divided. Football is one of the things that’s supposed to help bring us together. Why don’t you try going color blind it’s good for the heart.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never saw anything about what his blood/alcohol content was. IF his B/A content was high, on a school night while training for the biggest interview of his life, SBIV may have a drinking problem that can cost him more than a few rounds in the NFL draft.

The Good Morning America appearance and the parade comments, when added to this, brings up the question. Does SBIV have a drinking problem? Brett Farve was able to eventually beat his problem but not before he drank his way out of Atlanta. Ya think the Falcons were glad they used a high draft choice on him?

CFB players are works in progress. The fewer things a pro team has to fix in a CFB player the higher they tend to go in the draft.