Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jalen Carter among 17 prospects invited to attend 2023 NFL Draft

SystemSystem Posts: 10,564 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageJalen Carter among 17 prospects invited to attend 2023 NFL Draft

April 27 will be a big night for Georgia defensive tackle Jalen Carter. That is the night of the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft and Carter will be on hand in Kansas City, Mo., to hear his name called by commissioner Roger Goodell.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 332 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anthony Richardson 😑

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder how good AR will be in 4 years when he is the same age SBIV is now?

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Carter should stay home.

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

Interesting list…Also interesting AL has 3 on list yet couldn’t get past LSU or Tenn, neither of which have 1 on the list.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not sure what the benefit is of being invited and attending, especially for a guy like Carter whose name has been drug through the mud. The best thing he can do is keep a low profile and work hard.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"I wonder how good AR will be in 4 years when he is the same age SBIV is now?"

If SB had AR's physical attribute combo of size 6'5", speed 4.4 forty and huge arm(75 yards?) he wouldn't of had to wait as long as he did to become the starter. Heck he might have even led us to a 3rd NC. He was overlooked not because of talent issues, (see what all the UGA defensive guys said about him on the scout team perparing them for the Oklahoma game), but due to his physical appearance.

THen later the braintrust actually thought D'Wan Mathis was a better starting candidate than SB. All because he must of looked good in practice, I suppose, and the fact that he was the most gifted in terms of height, speed and how far he could toss a football. Sounds similar to AR-15? Great skill set however, If that were all there is to being a good QB, then the NFL would never miss on their draft picks and CKS and CTM woudn't have been so wrong about SB.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

If physical attributes and athleticism alone, defined a QB...they would be a lot easier to find. Lol

I think, what it boils down to, is...do you want an "Adonis"...or do you want a "football player"? 'Cause, they aren't always the same thing.

Bennett had something all, but, Young, Duggin and Stroud, didn't have..."HEART"! It's what allowed him to focus and sacrifice...and become the QB nobody gave him an ice cubes chance in hell, to become.

Now, all those same so-called "experts" are bending over backwards, to nitpick his game...on the field as well as off. Why? To validate their initial critique. Lol...there's no way, they could be that wrong about a player. The arrogance of some of those critics, knows no bounds.

I guess, if he and Hooker traded spots...Hooker would be the "25 yr old former backup that benefitted from a great defense". Lol...and, that wouldn't be "false", either.

Stetson is going to shock some people, come Fall Camp. What WILL "They" say, then? More importantly...will the Sportswriting world reevaluate how they evaluate players? Or...are they going to hang on to the old "hype model"?

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love Stetson's resilience and determination. I think the NFL is probably not his future. If he succeeds great but unless you are a bonafide superstar in the NFL you cannot get away with the off field stuff. Being a 3rd string NFL QB is a lot harder work then people realize and your years in the NFL are probably limited to 3-4 tops.

Stetson would be better off finding a niche entreprenurial opportunity where he can use his namesake to an advantage. Since he loves to drink and have a good time I suggest becoming the front man for a new Kentucky Bourbon company. Turn his embarrassment into riches and prove everyone wrong.

I really believe his drive will make him wealthy in the business world and that is where he should focus his energies. Not on getting beat up in the NFL running from 300 lb monsters.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JMHO but I've watched enough football as an avid fan over 50 + years to know that there are and have been many back up QB's and even so called starters in the NFL that couldn't hold SB's jockstrap and they played and some currently still playing for many years.

THe thing about SB is he is singularly focused on playing football. I don't think he WANTS to do it, it's more like he HAS to do it. It's who he is as a person, perhaps his greatest strength(motivator) as a player and maybe even his greatest flaw as a person. He doesn't know who he is outside of being on the field playing the game. I would liken him in terms of mental makeup and deriving his selfworth from playing to Tom Brady. Brady's got what 6-7 RIngs and over 40 years old and is/was still trying for more whereas most players well before his age with his accomplishments hang up there cleats and move onto the next chapter of their lives. Brady doesn't know how to let go. I could envision a similar type future for SB.

I cannot see SB channeling his football mojo into a successful insurance business or some other venture. SB couldn't give a rats patoot if you like him or not, that usually doesn't bode well for running a successful business that requires that you care what others think of you outside of your performance on a football field.

This is all psychoanalysis on my part, except I'm not getting paid, so, consider the source. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

Lmao...show me a College Football Player that doesn't like to "Drink and have a good time"...and, I'll show you a Ghost.

Most people only drink on Holidays or Special Occasions. Let's see...Bennett had a drink or two after they won both Natty's...and one night in Texas. Sign him up for AA ! Lol

People can't be that s.t.u.p.i.d. There's no way in hell, Bennett, or anybody else for that matter, could've achieved anything, remotely in the neighborhood, of what Bennett's achieved over the last 5-6 years...if they had a drinking problem. Or...went out every night. Didn't happen. Couldn't happen.

The difference between Bennett and his fellow CFB QBs, is that the press covers for the other guys little mistakes. They seem to want to see Bennett fail...now. it's like they're saying...."we built you up...we can take you down".

The only problem with that, is...the press had absolutely nothing to do with Bennett's success...so, they can't "take him down". That's gotta be eatin' em up inside.

Lol...kinda reminds me of the "never-ending axe-grinding" the media has going on, with the former POTUS. They just CAN'T seem to "take him down"...no matter how hard they try. Because...they had nothing to do with him being there, in the first place. The harder they try...the more inept they look...even resorting to lies and exaggerations.

That's your U.S. Press service, in a nutshell. Arrogant and frequently wrong...because they don't actually research stories or use actual sources, anymore. They monitor Social Media and ask a smaller publication to break the story, to maintain "plausible deniability" in case the story "goes south".

That's the new US Media business model. Don't feed into it and allow them to manipulate your opinion about ANYTHING...including the UGA QB Situation. Wait for the "WHOLE Story". Today's media lags behind "The Truth"....whereas, they used to lead the way.