Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Carson Beck makes strong QB1 statement on G-Day: ‘I felt like everything was working’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,564 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageCarson Beck makes strong QB1 statement on G-Day: ‘I felt like everything was working’

ATHENS — Content was the word used by Carson Beck when describing his thoughts on his spring.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior

He looked good.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Beck was clearly the best QB. Somewhat disappointed with Brock’s performance. Seemed slow in making decisions. Held ball low and then had to wine up to make the throw. Just took too long several times to deliver the ball. Gunner showed promise.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beck was outstanding passing, quick release, running the offense but the play that amazed me was the jet sweep with Arian. Smith out ran his blocking....and defenders he was so quick. Looks like the play anytime we're inside the 10!

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 169 ✭✭✭ Junior

Our QB is Beck, it was always going to be Beck, and Beck went out and proved it is now his team. The other two have potential but Beck just looked smooth. The Media tried their best to make something out of it and Kirby just let them roll with it but true DAWG fans always knew next man up was Beck.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excited about offense which looks like it can score at will. Delp had a disappointing day with 2 drops and a play he lost in the sun which would have been a big gainer. Hard to say anything about the running game since we didn't see a lot with so many guys out. That being said our 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th string rbs got too many yards on our defense.

The defense looked pretty bad overall from what we are accustomed to. Or maybe our offense is just that good. Not sure but I'm definitely concerned about the DL. We may need to bring LBer blitzes and stunts against the better teams we play.

Extra point holding and kicking needs a lot of work. Very shaky.

Gunner is going to be a good one and he really looked the part today. Lovett will make us forget AD.

The freshman lbs looked great and I really liked AJ Harris at corner out there. Xavien really is fast out there and might be better than Smael by mid year.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭ Junior

I guess for press reasons, you need to keep up the myth that there is some uncertainty about who will be QB1 for GA this fall. Me, I going to find the best odds I can bet for Beck to win the Heisman. With the O-line he has in front of him and the RB’s behind him, I see a 70+% completion ratio, 4,000+ yds and 35+ TD’s.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭ Junior

Of course I left out Bowers, Rosmey, McConkey, A Smith, Lovett, etc on the other end for Beck. As long as he avoids injury, which has derailed many a promising season, Beck will be one of the top QB’s in the country and the leader of the best team in the country. That’s a great combination.

• Options
    DawggieDawggie Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gunner’s “interception” hit the receiver in the numbers, and bounced off his chest. You could point that out, Conner.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

25% of our practices have been completed.

That's what Kirby said, right?

We don't know much yet. Carson did look good though, did he not.

Assuming we have a potentially very good offense and a potentially very good defense we should have seen a game like Saturday's.

It was so exciting to see how good our team seems this early on. Well coached. Competent.

I need to watch the game again. Maybe just the highlights. Particularly the offensive line.

Go, Dawgs!