Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Master of roster management: Kirby Smart takes transfers in stride, ‘it’s the way of the world’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageMaster of roster management: Kirby Smart takes transfers in stride, ‘it’s the way of the world’

ATHENS -- Kirby Smart has risen to the top of the coaching ranks by recruiting, developing and managing his Georgia football rosters better than any program in the country.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As for Alexander (unless he's going back to Texas - because of an ill family member) all I can say is don't spend all of that NIL money in one place. He may be getting a big pay day and a guaranteed starting spot up front - I'm using "may be" very lightly- but he won't likely get developed as well. Throwing away the chance to get developed in the best system for one pay-day is something he will likely live to regret.

If you can't develop your players well enough to beat them, then just buy their players. That's what Texas is trying to do.

You can bet, Kirby's taking names. Kirby's coming and payback's coming with him!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really think the best development was right here. Now that being said maybe the NIL Bear was getting was only 100K this year and he can get that bumped up to 500K or 750K. Regardless, he has to go in and learn a whole new set of terminology and players and all of that. Basically he becomes a mercenary.

Since he is from Texas it makes sense to me if he goes back to Texas. Stephenson did this because he was home sick so he went back to Miami. If it is just for NIL I"m not sure I understand that.

Wish him the best but sure will miss him. I'm sorry he wasn't feeling the love but maybe he hasn't been watching the last few drafts. He was a day 2 possibly a day 1 guy. Dang...why why why Bear

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby knows he needs 4-5 others to enter the portal to accommodate the remainder of the 2023 class coming in late May/Early June to get under the 85 max! He's not adjusting to the news, he's orchestrating it!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think after becoming the most successful coach in UGA history after 8 years we have to trust in Kirby to get this right. I think we will be fine but to Kirby's own statement we are missing a destructive force in the middle. Unless Big Baby can emerge as that guy later this year we will depend on Mykel and the linebackers to play bigger roles.

We are missing the top tier DL we had the last few years and it may cost us the championship this year. Let's hope the guys we have can get it done - Go Team!