Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jalen Carter is still growing, as a player and person, as 2023 NFL Draft finally begins

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageJalen Carter is still growing, as a player and person, as 2023 NFL Draft finally begins

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, and everything else UGA.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bad judgement is not the same as bad character. Please fall to the Falcons and then, Falcons, PLEASE DRAFT HIM!!!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol....the only way Todd McShay can make a splash...is to say something about Carter, that nobody else is saying. That's Entertainment, people. Truth rarely enters the media equation anymore.

All I can say, is...I hope to God, the Falcons' Evaluation Team aren't listening to these same "Geniuses"...Heckle, Jeckle and the rest...when it comes to player value and potential impact. If they are...they might wind up drafting a "Bust"...namely, Levis and Richardson.

Seriously....you have a team that needs talent on the field, NEXT YEAR...and you're gonna draft Levis? Richardson? C'mon Man! And, there's not a chance in hell, I would take Wil Anderson over Jalen Carter or Nolan Smith...just based on what those wingnuts think. Lol

People like McShay and Kiper (Heckle & Jeckle) need you to want to pay attention. That's "how they make money", for themselves and others. When you don't pay attention...they create a little wrinkle, to draw you in. Last year, it was Walker and Davis. This year, it's Carter and Bennett.

Lol...last year, Mcshay was "Good Cop" and Kiper was "Bad Cop". They traded off, this year. Now, McShay is the designated "UGA Player Detractor" and Kiper is all-in. Wonder how their gonna play it, next year.

Bottom line is....I don't think there's an intelligent GM in the NFL that seriously pays attention to those paper-geniuses. However, they DO use em to lay down suppression fire and smoke screens to keep other, less intelligent GM's in their lane and guessing.

Lol...it's all a game, and depends on team needs as well as best available talent and projected impact. Given those parameters....would YOU take Richardson or Levis...if you knew for a fact neither player would be remotely ready to assume QB Duties for at least 2 years?

Would you be willing to pay either one of em "top scale pay", to ride the bench...in hopes that they have what it takes to play Championship Football....if they can learn how to use their athleticism and brain at the same time, which hasn't been proven...so far.

Richardson and Levis are 2nd/3rd round players...AT BEST! Yet they are being touted as 1st rounders...because...that's where they were projected to land in "The Year of the Quarterback", before the season even started. Mcshay and Kiper have been fawning over those 2 guys, for 2 years...they're not about to get off of em, now.

Lol...Neither player, has improved one iota, since the 2021 season...yet, they're expected to make the "CFB to NFL" leap, in their Junior Year? They were both pushed into the decision to turn Pro...by the media. It's a mistake...and, the team that takes em will wind up eating crow, along with a lot of media folks.

So...yeah...I take all those projections with a grain of salt. I got my own. Carter goes to the 1st team, not to take an offensive player...Smith goes next...and, Bennett is more NFL-Ready and plays the QB Position much better than either of the 2 aforementioned QBs. IMO