Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett: 3 things to know about the 2023 NFL Draft prospect

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett: 3 things to know about the 2023 NFL Draft prospect

Georgia figures to be well represented in the 2023 NFL Draft. One of its draft-eligible prospects is quarterback Stetson Bennett.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope the Falcons get Stetson. But wherever he goes, I certainly wish him all the best. And I will be watching!

GO GET 'EM, STET!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stets will be drafted late, but I believe he will make it. Wish him well. He earned two rings back to back I hold the utmost respect for.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JUst don't see a lot of difference in SB and Young and Stroud in terms of the tangibles. Call me cazy. In terms of the intangibles if you say that SB isn't as talented as those two are then what you are left with is he wins the intangibles( drive and determination, etc,) , I certainly think that SB could have led the 2021 BAMA team with Metchie and Williams as his receivers to a win over UGA with say Jake Fromm QBing for UGA that year or even against himself at QB for UGA. Or he could have led Ohio St with their offensive weapons to a win over 2022 SB led UGA . At the very least it's possible. So, is Stroud that much, if any better? Would SB have not beaten Michigan if he were leading the charge for OS last year, where Stroud didn't? Makes you wonder!

BUt at the same time you can question does a Stroud led UGA defeat a SB led Ohio St? Thats a good question and if you have to pause to think about the answer then that's what I mean about there not being much difference.

How it all plays out is anyone's guess. I would love to see SB go to back up Lamar JAckson and reunite with CTM.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Watched him play 20 times in person in high school. It was evident then he could play. It was obvious he could play in college just pulling for him to make it a trifecta

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@reddawg1

"JUst don't see a lot of difference in SB and Young and Stroud in terms of the tangibles."

Arm strength is a tangible.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

Arm strength..a tangible that Young does not have. Stroud has a much better arm than Young, no contest. And dont harp on 1st round receivers Stroud threw to..Young had 2 at Bama himself in his 1st year as the starting QB and was very successful. Metchie and Williamson made Young look good. Plus Young had a more talented OL to play behind than Stroud did. Last year was a telling season for Bama and Young. No Metchie or Williamson to throw to and Young struggled more than he ever has. With WR's like Jermaine Burton and other unknowns as pass catchers, it comes as no surprise his passing game wasn't as good as the previous year. As with ANY QB, take away their top Receivers, and top OL and they are nothing more than an average QB.