Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN ranks Stetson Bennett, top Georgia QBs of 2000s behind Colin Kaepernick, Rex Grossman

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageESPN ranks Stetson Bennett, top Georgia QBs of 2000s behind Colin Kaepernick, Rex Grossman

ATHENS — Three Georgia quarterback cracked ESPN’s list of the Top 75 collegiate quarterbacks since 2000, but it could have easily been four with a fifth deserving consideration.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Greene, Stafford, Murray, Fromm, Bennett. Career stats, specific individual performances, level of their competition, championships, etc... I'm no expert, but even I can see the one glaring deficiency of all these QBs.

• Options
    UGADawg93UGADawg93 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

With all respect to a great program in Columbus, C.J. Stroud?! Gtfo.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have come to the conclusion in my considerably long life that so many of these analyst and so called experts know no more than the average, informed sports fan. They are just based on what? They’re based on stats that we can all break down and have an opinion on. Just like a Whopper burger the combinations to select from are practically endless. What’s kind of ridiculous is these people actually get paid for this nonsense. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Of all the QBs we have had of late (which this list seems to be), Murray is, hands down, my choice in a big game. When he played I always felt we had a chance, regardless of the rest of the team. That kid could do it all and I always felt he could. We forget what a great runner he was, even when he was injured. You want mobility, accuracy and leadership? That is Murray.

Murray is easily my go-to, clutch guy and having him so far down is an absolute joke.

I'll throw another in, Eric Zeier. The thing that amazed me about Zeier is, everyone KNEW he was going to pass but he still did it with incredible results. Opposing teams threw away the notion of playing a run game and geared solely to stopping the pass but Zeier still lit them up. He just played on some **** teams.

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

get it....but to me, it's who brings home the hardware (see Montana, Brady etc). Bennett was clutch in big games the last two years and is the GOAT.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not suprising, considering these are espn "experts" doing what they do best. Being comedians,and giving everyone a good laugh.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2023

Beck actually reminds me a lot, of Murray. Other than Shockley...i don't think UGA has used a BVG type QB, in the last 30-40 yrs..

I haven't seen the list, but, from what I have seen...most of the guys' names I've heard...have no business being ranked in the top thirty...much less higher than Bennett.

Grossman?!!! Grossman???!!! ****

That says it all, right there.

ESPN = "Idiocracy". Lol...they just slap a list together based soley on "Name Recognition"...and throw it out there for public consumption. Give the fans something to rip apart, ridicule and incentive to create their own list.

They know, the people of Georgia are too smart to buy their BS hype...so, they continue to leave UGA Teams and Players out of the conversation.

SOUNDS LIKE DISRESPECT TO ME!!! Hear that Kirby? They still aren't throwing the bones your way. Instead, they continue to run stories on how "Nicky Boy & his BAMA Rag-Soakers" are building or rebuilding a machine that eats Bulldogs. They've picked a side. So..."F" em. I DO NOT like ESPN. Lol

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Since ESPN is owned by Disney, what else could you expect? They are about a credible a source as CNN and MSNBC.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who is this Colin guy you speak of? What did he win again?