Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia president, athletic director address football player driving arrests, trust Kirby Smart

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia president, athletic director address football player driving arrests, trust Kirby Smart

GREENSBORO — Georgia officials addressed their athletic department concerns after celebrating their successes on Thursday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just another one of the unintended consequences of a basically, a no restriction transfer portal. Yes, I know restrictions are still somewhat in place but if you try and discipline these young men, they will just hit the portal. I understand they are young, I once was also, did my share of dumb things. I was lucky in that I never got caught. So I'm not judging them, I'm just pleading with Georgia players, don't continue to risk repeating what has already happened to 2 precious and promising lives cut short. I know you think it won't happen, but it does.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

It’s gotten way too serious with a loss of 2 lives. Transfer portal or not it’s time to make an example of the next one star player or not.

It’s gotten ridiculous where these guys know the courts are not gonna do anything

Time for Smart to publicly announce that it will stop and if you commit anything similar it’s transfer portal time for you. See ya!!

Don’t care what you guys here think either. Most of you are part of the problem too.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This may be a silly question, but what do other departments at UGa do about their students who have these types of offenses?