Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football podcast: Recent commits suggest major recruiting momentum for UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: Recent commits suggest major recruiting momentum for UGA

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for fans of the national champion Georgia Bulldogs. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest to keep the Bulldogs on top of the college football world. On episode No. 1,952 (May 23, 2023) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about what the recent string of commits means for Georgia and its 2024 class.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great stuff. I really enjoyed the discussion about Barstool's comments regarding fan atmosphere. I think there is some truth to both sides of the argument regarding their take. I was at that LSU game in Athens the year after they won it with Saban and we beat them like 41-14 or something. It was electric. Also, the Auburn game with Gurley and Chubb was electric (Gurley's last game). I was there last year for Tennessee and it was electric especially considering the weather was not great 2nd half.

As far as how does it compare to other stadiums I think you have to consider as was rightly pointed out that how well the team is doing has a large part to do with it. Also, night games just seem to have more juice imo. I think the Notre Dame game at home was electric also. For the games where we are playing a scrub or a team having a down year of course it is not going to be that crazy. We haven't had the greatest home games lately (with the exception of UTknoxville). Are we top 5 in the SEC now for a big matchup? I would say yes, probably top 3. If Barstool's criteria is how many drunk obnoxious fans you have then they are right we will never compete with Florida or LSU. Most (not all) of Georgia fans are pretty well behaved.

As far as momentum. I think this will be a number 1 class and maybe the best statistically Georgia has ever had. We will get 1 of the top 2 wrs and along with the guys we have like Turbo and the TEs we are going to be loaded. Need more big uglies and hopefully can get 2 of the 3 big DL targets.

Lassiter and Starks should both be Thorpe finalists. Look for Starks to take a huge step up this year (he is a phenomenol athlete). I also love AJ Harris the freshman corner who may start by end of year even though now he is 3rd. He is too great of an athlete to not play.

Big Baby will be more dominant by the end of the year than Bear was last year. My really big hot take is Beck wins the Heisman and Brock finishes 3rd and we go 15-0 again for the 3 peat beating Michigan in the NCG by 3 TDs! Go Dawgs!