Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher sounds off on Texas rivalry at SEC Spring Meetings

SystemSystem Posts: 10,420 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageTexas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher sounds off on Texas rivalry at SEC Spring Meetings

MIRAMAR BEACH, Fla. — They say everything is bigger in Texas, except for maybe in-state rivalries.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited May 2023

"The Aggies had an SEC-high 31 players transfer out this offseason while bringing in 11." - MG

Dang, that's ALOT of transfers! How many of those were from their #1 class?? How many of those were getting NIL money? Would be interesting to see the breakdown. Either way, things are on fire at A&M!

• Options
    BoydCrowderBoydCrowder Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow, 31 transfers out. And with A&M not exactly lacking for opportunities for playing time. Makes you appreciate just that much more Smart's approach to recruiting.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very possibly the MOPCOAT... most over-paid coach of all time. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not possibly. Absolutely. All that '22 (?) class talent better jell this year of Jimbo's seat will be extremely hot.

If Jimbo Fisher was my team's coach I'd find another team. Jimbo traditionally has won because he recruits well and his teams have more talent than most. Jimbo is the epitome of the college coach, with a good record, who wins because his team is more talented not because he is a great coach. With all the HS talent now available across the country, coaches like Jimbo are starting to be exposed.

Can Jimbo dig deep and step it up? IDK. He'll need to to compete w/CKS and UGA. CKS has UGA outworking everyone else.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is the place where NIL starts to break down. We harp on it as something that ruins things - and don't get me wrong,I do think it makes things dirty - but there's a point (and CKS ultiimately attests to this with his comments about his recruiting approach) where it becomes an irrelevant issue. If a dude can make bank for 1-2 years, but be part of a program that he learns isn't going to actually help him get anywhere once he's done with school, does that short-term money make sense or become a sway? I wouldn't think so. It may be a factor in years 1-2, but my guess is by year 3, guys start to figure it out. How that affects rosters is something that's yet to be seen, but my hope is CKS is true to his word and a good strawberry picker, and it's something that won't hardly affect us at all.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

LOL? Would you buy a used car from this man? I'm going to chuckle when A&M has to eat his stupidly massive contract and send he and Petrino to the unemployment line. Not that either scumbag will be hurting.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

And Bear Alexander landed with the new "Urban Meyer" at USC. I'm praying on my knees that UGA plays them in a playoff game. That will be a sight to behold. Kirby can spank Lincoln Riley into oblivion and send him back to his cushy ciliffside mansion.