Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: Anonymous coach candidly discusses UGA’s dominance

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: Anonymous coach candidly discusses UGA’s dominance

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for fans of the national champion Georgia Bulldogs. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest to keep the Bulldogs on top of the college football world. On episode No. 1,956 (May 30, 2023) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about what an anonymous SEC assistant coach said about the Bulldogs in the Athlon Sports college football preview magazine.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No play button

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brandon, sure love to hear what was said and your take but I can't????????? In my book anonymity always kills reliability and factuality.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

"When coaches are given anonymity as a condition for speaking the result is often more candid commentary."____ BA

And, a smoke screen, lie or misinterpretation. People generally say what they feel...vice...what is true and accurate, if given the opportunity to remain out of sight and fire from the shadows.

Which is why the statement below is true...they feel free to make sideways comments about the Dawgs, their Coaching Staff, Culture, Players...and anything else they can take a "blind-side swipe" at, in order to do damage to Kirby Smart's ship....the "USS Georgia Bulldog".

"the anonymous coaches quoted in stories who’ve been asked to evaluate Georgia haven’t always been kind with their assessments despite the success the Bulldogs have had."_____BA

If we, as consumers, don't know who's speaking...how do we know how much weight to give the commentary?

IMO..."Credibility"...which I THOUGHT was important to Journalism...goes straight out the window, with the "unnamed source". I know you think you can "get a feel" for the truth by interviewing an "Anonymous Coach" that you know...but, you can't. He (etal.) may be telling you complete malarkey, but, if HE thinks it's true, that's how it will come off.

I heard from a "high level Alabama Political Official" that Nick Saban has recently purchased a "Retirement Home" in the Swiss Alps, with plans to move his family there, this Summer. He'll be following them, after the '23 Season and will be coaching Alabama Football from there, via Skype (or whatever the heck used these days).

Lol...see how convincing that sounds?

Now what if I worked for, sayyy...the NY Times (NYT)...and, created this "lie from whole cloth, with some facts thrown in, to sell it". How long do you think the National Media would burrow through that "rabbit hole", before they realized the "Truth", retracted the story and did a correction piece"??? Lol...That was a trick question. You don't get "retractions or corrections" anymore...You get Pulitzer's. Lol....so, good job, I guess.