Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Los Angeles Rams QB Stetson Bennett engages in peculiar Twitter exchange with Senior Bowl director

2»

Comments

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stats for college age is hard to pin down, mainly because most stats are related to insurance and the age demographics aren't based on college. But, what little I found sez that well over 50% of USian males from 16 to 25 get at least one ticket during that age range.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

Lol...doesn't surprise me. It probably didn't surprise you, either. Which is why I'm wondering...

Why is the AJC, of all publications, throwing shade at Kirby Smart & UGA... singling THEM out...for something, they already knew was happening at all Universities for decades. They just never did a story on it. Lol..."Never" is a little strong.

I remember reading about this issue several times, going back to the '60's & '70's. And, that's only because I wasn't alive before that. Lol...but, it was NEVER written about, from the angle that UGA & CKS invented the problem. That's what you call dishonest reporting.

Plausible deniability due to lack of Investigative material. I.e., "it didn't turn up in the investigation, so that's been debunked". In other words, "I stopped investigating when I found what I was looking for on the surface". That's Reporter-speak, right there.

As long as you have "automobiles" and "teenagers"...this will be a concern. You can't outlaw either one...and chaining your kid to the bed or locking him in his room, is frowned upon in our society. Lol

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First off Stetson is the man. If he never plays a snap in the pros it will not matter.

The greatest UGA qb with more moxy and a bigger sack then Justin Fields and the rest of the also rans. He didn't just hand the ball off to 34, he actually was the all time playoff MVP in 4 games! Let that sink in. He beat Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, Florida 2x, Tennessee 2x, LSU.

As far as Nagy goes, he sounds like a total **** bag. He is a nobody trying to act big.

Gotta love Stet, he is the Jim McMahon of college football but better because he won it 2x.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

Not a SBIV hater at all. 3 years ago I thought (like many people) that UGA had a better chance to beat AL w/JTD than with SBIV. And for 2 3/4 (out of 3) games I was right. SBIV was prone to "boneheaded" (CKS) plays. He got better every season after that and learned to protect the ball.

Some like you on this site are of the "you are either with us or against us" school. Not defending Nagy. But people that pile on when something doesn't meet their agenda or agree with them is wrong. I read enough of what Nagy said. "NFL is a genetics league. Simple as that. There's certainly outliers but that's what it is." Which is 100% true.

This was more SBIV, out of the blue (he wasn't called out by Nagy's tweet), grinding his axe for the perceived slight he felt over the senior bowl. And that is a bad look for a guy that has a shot to be the face of an NFL franchise in a few years. The smart thing to do would've been for SBIV to ignore something unrelated to him. We do still have the 1st amendment.

SBIV was a leader on great teams at UGA. At the NFL level he is just another rookie trying to make it. If that's what he needs to get his fire lit, use it. But what he said comes off as petty. The NFL has a way of humbling even the best players.

• Options
    1946Dawgshappened1946Dawgshappened Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited June 2023

Yes you are a Stetson hater. Your comments about him have always been negative and, for the most part, always been wrong. I personally loved it when you whined about his lack of arm strength and then he went out and tied Levis for the fastest throw at the combine. Look you want to hate Stetson then hate him. That is just you being you. No point in lying about it. Everyone here has their opinions. Embrace yours for what they are and never forget what they aren't. They're not facts. You aren't any more informed or in the know than the rest of us. If you were you'd be doing this professionally.

As Stet moves forward, he has proven he will sink or swim doing it his way. He has a chance in the NFL. No guarantees there. However, if he does fail it won't be because you had some great insight. From Todd Blackledge to Josh Rosen, the NFL has shown that even the most gifted QBs aren't guaranteed anything. If Stet should fail in the NFL it won't change what he accomplished at UGA.

Bottom line, when Stet was at the wheel, we won back to back championships. You can't take that from him no matter what you do.

Finally, based on your avatar, it looks like you are a Marine, so thank you very much for your service. From a former 11B. I may not like your posts but I respect what you did when you didn't have to.