Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Elite 4-star DT Jordan Thomas has committed to Georgia football

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That depends on which recruiting service you're talking about. ESPN, is the most concise (I think, Lol), by keeping it to, like you say, 25 players. Realistically, the 5-star list is usually, much longer and most evaluation services' ratings, reflect that. At least, that's what i've seen.

But, honestly, i don't pay close attention to "recruiting services", so don't go by me. Lol. It depends on the evaluator. Everytime one service calls a guy "5-star"...ESPN usually has em as a "4-star" due to their self-imposed limit of 25.

I don't trust ESPN or any other media organization. If you're a Dad with a kid that plays top-grade football...and your son is only rated #150...but, you think he could qualify for the top 50...and, you have money.....All ya have to do is paint an ESPN palm with a little money....to rate your kid a little higher and throw some "hype" his way.

If there's one thing I learned, living in Florida...around Jai Alai and Dog Racing...It's that...........Anytime you have human involvement in an activity that generates money...(and a 5-star rating DOES)...there WILL be opportunity for corruption. I don't trust many reporters today to tell, the truth based on fact, or "tell it like it is", as Don Meredith would say. Lol.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

@Brooksie

Let me just say one thing about the "recruiting services"....

They are good for one thing...showing all the available building blocks, or HS recruits, to the public, as well as College Coaches. In their minds, the blocks are stacked worst to best (or best to worst, Lol). That's valuable information to any coach, but, not necessarily infalible.

That being said....they don't always have the "blocks" stacked in the right order. IMO